Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be taking in any Refugees ?

Options
  • 15-09-2015 4:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

I have room and i'd be more than happy to house a few.

So will you ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

in before the lock.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

in before the lock.....

Nice contribution. Why bother even posting that ? Are you trying to be cool ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Naughty, naughty, talking about refugees in After Hours. That's gotta be an infraction!

scream wrote: »
    Naughty, naughty, talking about refugees in After Hours. That's gotta be an infraction!

I'm willing to help these poor people. Are you ?

• Advertisement

great that your willing , but it would'nt be allowed surely......and yeah , just a little bit ;)

I'm willing to help these poor people. Are you ?

No, I'm afraid I'm not. If I were going to open my doors to anyone it'it'd be to one of the many homeless you see begging on the streets in any city you care to mention. There's really no need to go looking for refugees. Plenty of needy already waiting for you're help, if you really want to help, why not start there.

But anyway, no, I won't be helping them.

great that your willing , but it would'nt be allowed surely......and yeah , just a little bit ;)

Why not ?

No, I'm afraid I'm not. If I were going to open my doors to anyone it'it'd be to one of the many homeless you see begging on the streets in any city you care to mention. There's really no need to go looking for refugees. Plenty of needy already waiting for you're help, if you really want to help, why not start there.

But anyway, no, I won't be helping them.

But the majority of homeless people in this country are that way because of addiction.

Why not ?

well , how do you take in a family of refugees.?, and not being smart about it.
    you might house , clothe and feed them , but healthcare, education, eventual resettlement in the community, etc,etc...... government will be left with the bill, and they already have a quota and obviously some plan for their long term needs

• Advertisement

But the majority of homeless people in this country are that way because of addiction.

That may very well be the case, and I'd not open my doors to them either. I'm not trying to be nasty or uncaring but I like my privacy, and I'm not prepared to give that up for anyone. How long are you going to be doing this for anyway? Do you even know? I mean it's great that there are people like you around but are you going into this with your eyes open, or has the media buzz around the refugee crisis made up your mind for you?

well , how do you take in a family of refugees.?, and not being smart about it.
    you might house , clothe and feed them , but healthcare, education, eventual resettlement in the community, etc,etc...... government will be left with the bill, and they already have a quota and obviously some plan for their long term needs

Well I will put my name forward. I've already sent Enda Kenny a stiff email.

That may very well be the case, and I'd not open my doors to them either. I'm not trying to be nasty or uncaring but I like my privacy, and I'm not prepared to give that up for anyone. How long are you going to be doing this for anyway? Do you even know? I mean it's great that there are people like you around but are you going into this with your eyes open, or has the media buzz around the refugee crisis made up your mind for you?

For a few months max.

For a few months max.

Well, I wouldn't do it. How do you even know who it is you're taking in? Could be some maniac. I don't think I'd get a wink of sleep the whole time, and I'd feel the same way if I'd taken any stranger into my home.

Well, I wouldn't do it. How do you even know who it is you're taking in? Could be some maniac. I don't think I'd get a wink of sleep the whole time, and I'd feel the same way if I'd taken any stranger into my home.

I'll put them out in the garage. It's nearly like a little house has electricity and water and all that. I get what your saying about having strangers in your house, perfectly understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 otoolepw

How long can they be housed for, until they find work and can fend for themselves? They'll need food & new clothes before state subsidy kicks in. I think we can help them in other ways, perhaps fund sheltered accommodation and similar charities and agencies that have experience in this. It would take up a considerable amount of time to accomodate them, and while they would be a proud people and wouldn't want to become dependent, it does happen, and with English not being their first language, there are significant cultural differences, all that would add to their distressed state, so it's going to very difficult for them (and they'll be the lucky ones!). Integrating them in our society is going to take a long time, their children will need schooling, their families require healthcare, etc. No easy solution but we should help those who arrive here in whatever way we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Nah.. wouldnt me my cuppa really.

Fair play tho

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Be careful. I know a guy who took in refugees. He thought they were being nice to him when they ran him a piping hot bath. He started getting worried when they chucked in onion, carrots, celery, a pinch of salt and a bouquet garni.. they were going to cook him and eat him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

You should post this is the gay and lesbian forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement