Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When/how do colleges confirm with SUSI that you are registered and attending on the c

Options
  • 14-09-2015 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

...course?

Considering that's one of the rules before you get paid, and the first payment date is supposed to be next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I believe SUSI contact the college and organise payments. You may need to issue a letter of grant approval from SUSI to your college though depending on the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Luno wrote: »
    I believe SUSI contact the college and organise payments. You may need to issue a letter of grant approval from SUSI to your college though depending on the circumstances.

I gave them my approval letter about a month ago. First day back today and was just thinking about that rule on the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

...course?

Considering that's one of the rules before you get paid, and the first payment date is supposed to be next week.

SUSI get monthly attendance records from the colleges. This is why the maintenance part of the grant is paid one month in arrears.
    If you are reported as not attending in September, you get no payment in October and so on.
    The fees in some colleges are paid in full at the start of the course or at the start of each term, students that do not drop out/withdraw properly after having poor attendance, not liking the course or personal reasons, may end up having to pay for the full year on a new/future course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Would they have confirmed by now, considering first payment is tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

From reading their website, it seems that the payment is just based on if you are registered and not attendance. Since they aren't paying it a month in arrears this year. So as long as your college submitted you are registered to SUSI, you should be good to go if you aren't a PLC student. That is if your college is efficient with this kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I only registered with my college last week and my payment was there this morning

Advertisement