Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why boycott Penneys/Primark

Options
  • 14-09-2015 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭

I don't honestly shop in Penneys but why are people saying boycott Penneys/Primark because of sweatshop when virtually all clothes are made in sweatshops. Even if you get a tailored the material is made in a Sweatshop probably. Is Penneys just being scapegoated because it's cheap or am I missing something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Nobody's boycotting Penneys anymore, it's Dunnes who can fack right off now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

it's Dunnes who can fack right off now.

For what reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Stephen15 wrote: »
    For what reason

They treat their workers like absolute shie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Stephen15 wrote: »
    For what reason

There's a vibrant anti Dunnes movement.

Keep up man.

• Advertisement

They treat their workers like absolute shie

I don't buy it dunnes is a much better supermarket then Tesco, Supervalu, Lidl or Aldi the one in Cornelscourt anyway and their staff are friendlier if they treated they're staff bad would they be friendly Im sure say the same goes for all shops. Let's get on the point

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

i'd rather see a thousand indonesian children starve on the streets than see one exploited by a western corporation for minimum wage

but then i'm just a better person than you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

strelok wrote: »
    i'd rather see a thousand indonesian children starve on the streets than see one exploited by a western corporation for minimum wage

I'm sure those wains would laud you as a veritable hero.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

I'm sure those wains would laud you as a veritable hero.

not for too long though

Do you wear clothes or do you go around naked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

kneemos wrote: »
    There's a vibrant anti Dunnes movement.

Keep up man.

Not affecting their sales though is it? Dunnes are booming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mother Brain

Because they want to be seen to be giving a f**k without actually going to any effort to effect meaningful change, or even educating themselves on the issues they claim to care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

I should have the parachute because I'm great. Infact I should get both the parachutes. Just incase one doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Nobody's boycotting Penneys anymore, it's Dunnes who can fack right off now.

I was boycotting Dunnes before it was cool, man.

Primarily because most of their stores are like falling out of a time machine into 1986.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

I should have the parachute because I'm great. Infact I should get both the parachutes. Just incase one doesn't work

Gr8

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Take your 'chute, boy. Enda Kenny has my laptop-case. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Koloman wrote: »
    Not affecting their sales though is it? Dunnes are booming.

The Germans are hurting badly the last I heard about it.

They have huge stores with a crap range of poor quality products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

When you touch the products in Penneys, you can almost feel the tears of the oppressed poor of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh or wherever they are based now.
    And if that is not enough reason to boycott, the clientele should be.
    Truly Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

All supermarkets are basically the commercial world's answer to Idi Amin. There isn't much you can do about it except call them out on their crap when possible and support the little guy when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

If I was in a developing country I would much rather work in a sweat shop than local sex trade, these places shouldn't be boycotted but regulated more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement