Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masie Williams theroies

• 14-09-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

I going out on a limb and say the Masie Williams's character is a younger incarnation of Missy . Think about it it was Sisterhood of khan that created the War Doctor. In in prequel
    the doctor mentions that person they want him help is a friend and an enemy
    . It is not River as we have seen all her regenerations , and I doubt it is Jenny as she did not regenerated , her body stayed the same. Yes might be Susan but that is too predicable.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

RIVERROMANAROSERANI
    ... always one of the Rs, and never turns out to be :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Doctors Daughter?

The Rani?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Me, I'd like Romana to make a return. She won't, but I'd like it. As a kid I loved her general vibe of "ehhhh OK, you are my *air quotes* superior, but this is really how it works ya daft old feck". :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Having been woefully off-the-mark with my predictions as to Missy's role, I'll try again and say Williams' character is gonna just be Moffat using a new character to fiddle with The Doctor's lore.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Still say she is Missy that was her "clever idea " to regenerate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gonna go with the possibility that she is Missys daughter..

Axwell wrote: »

After the latest episode, I'm thinking the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

And when her character says to The Doctor, "What took you so long, old man?"...

Nah... they wouldn't go there...

Would they...?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

I was wrong completely wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Did she not call herself Daughter of Inar

Hat tip to The Rani perhaps?

• Advertisement

Considering how names have cropped up to have different meanings I think there is more to Ashildr than meets the eye yet and not just that shes immortal thanks to the doctor.

River Song, Missy, so on and so forth..women characters with mysterious hidden names. I dont think things are any different here and theres something more to come from it.

Ashildr, shil being a word used to substitute another word or phrase or someone who works with a con artist posing as someone they arent...a 'fake' Dr?...clutching I know but still this is Dr Who.

So as of now shes a girl who is able to regenerate, is immortal and will live through time and history..coincidence I think not. Shes clearly going to grow to resent and hate the Dr too from the scene at the end.

Previously I thought she was going to be related to Missy, its still a possibility but now I wouldnt be surprised if theres some connection to River either. The introduction of calling her a Hybrid. River Song herself born with genetic traits and abilities of a time lord after being conceived on the Tardis, a sort of Hybrid if you will. We also have a previous mention of a hybrid in the previous episodes with Davros reminding the Doctor of a Gallifreyan prophecy where two great warrior races would be ‘forced together to create a warrior greater than either’. Davros assumed this meant the Daleks and the Time Lords; maybe he was wrong.

So the other question is who did or does she give the other chip too and does that have an impact on the overall story!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I'd imagine Maisie Williams is tired of getting roles that involve hairy smelly blokes who are gagging for a fight. When she took a role in Doctor Who I'm sure she was thinking cocktail dress, champagne, maybe on a nice 5 star interstellar cruise. Nope, Vikings.

Is it possbile, she is Missy / Master?

You know, it could simply be a brand new character, new bad guy, not relying on the old foes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭corkie

I'd imagine Maisie Williams is tired of getting roles that involve hairy smelly blokes who are gagging for a fight. When she took a role in Doctor Who I'm sure she was thinking cocktail dress, champagne, maybe on a nice 5 star interstellar cruise. Nope, Vikings.

She won't be dealing with vikings in "The Women Who Lived" plus she has been cast in four new films. See here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

So as of now shes a girl who is able to regenerate, is immortal and will live through time and history..coincidence I think not. Shes clearly going to grow to resent and hate the Dr too from the scene at the end.

I was thinking about this, and she's immortal 'baring any accidents' as the Doctor said. She can't regenerate though, she's not part-Time Lord or anything like that. She's just a human with some alien tech that will always heal her body.

Also, she doesn't seem that pissed off with him in the next episode, which is what, several hundred years later.

Previously I thought she was going to be related to Missy, its still a possibility but now I wouldnt be surprised if theres some connection to River either. The introduction of calling her a Hybrid. River Song herself born with genetic traits and abilities of a time lord after being conceived on the Tardis, a sort of Hybrid if you will. We also have a previous mention of a hybrid in the previous episodes with Davros reminding the Doctor of a Gallifreyan prophecy where two great warrior races would be ‘forced together to create a warrior greater than either’. Davros assumed this meant the Daleks and the Time Lords; maybe he was wrong.

So the other question is who did or does she give the other chip too and does that have an impact on the overall story!?

At first, when I watched it, and he talked about the Hybrid, I was thinking, yeah, maybe that's the prophecy! But once again, she's not really a hybrid, she's human with alien technology, she's not a mix of two races or anything like that. If she was mixed with the 'Mire' themselves, that would be a hybrid of two warrior races (Viking and Mire), but she's basically Viking with a never-ending med-kit, not quite the same thing!

I don't think she'll suddenly be a recurring guest star on the show (a lá River) for no other reason than Masie has a lot on her acting plate already! I'm tempted to think that they're introduced her to show a couple of things, like the fact that the Doctor has taken a chance and possibly made a big mistake by causing a tidal wave, and what the consequences of that will be. And I also think that the second med-kit could involve Clara, in that she might have an option to use it (whether she chooses that option is another thing). They've talked a bit about her being addicted to this life, and getting too comfortable with it. If she uses the Med-kit, she could in theory stay with him forever. And we know that doesn't happen!

The med-kit seems like too much of a McGuffin not to be important at some stage...

J.

jasonb wrote: »
    I was thinking about this, and she's immortal 'baring any accidents' as the Doctor said. She can't regenerate though, she's not part-Time Lord or anything like that. She's just a human with some alien tech that will always heal her body

Regenerate in the sense she will always heal, im assuming if you cut off her finger another will grow back. Obviously shes not part time lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Regenerate in the sense she will always heal, im assuming if you cut off her finger another will grow back. Obviously shes not part time lord.

Sorry, I didn't mean that you thought she was part-Time Lord etc., I meant to make the point that the show seems to be setting her up as a hybrid (possibly harking back to Davros's prophecy) but I don't think she fits that bill. So if the show is trying to get her to fit that bill then it's a stretch, in my mind...

J.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I think the Hybrid thing meant that, before she was but a simple farm-girl, and now she has some of the genes of THE MOST FEARSOME WARRIOR RACE THAT YOU NEVER EVEN HEARD OF.

So not only is she a fluffy puddle of love, she is also a bad-ass mofo.

Stiofán Ó Moféid's type of gal, in other words.

I am on some very nice, very strong, painkillers. Apologies for the Brian Blessed levels of hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I think the Hybrid thing meant that, before she was but a simple farm-girl, and now she has some of the genes of THE MOST FEARSOME WARRIOR RACE THAT YOU NEVER EVEN HEARD OF.

So not only is she a fluffy puddle of love, she is also a bad-ass mofo.

Stiofán Ó Moféid's type of gal, in other words.

I am on some very nice, very strong, painkillers. Apologies for the Brian Blessed levels of hyperbole.
    Everything is better with some Brian Blessed level Hyperbole :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Correction,
    Everything is better with some Brian Blessed

:D

It does seem to me that Williams' character is the new Captain Jack / River Song character, who's young enough to pop up in many stories to come if needed, but can also be replaced by an older actor without raising too many questions. It's fairly standard to swap a teen actor for an older adult, rather than one adult for another.

Course I say that and sure next week she'll be bumped off

• Advertisement
Advertisement