Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long would Trek crew members last in the BSG universe

Options
  • 14-09-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭

Silly thread, not sure where to put it but found the same topic on trekbbs, and thought it would be fun to entertain hypotheses here. I read an interesting post on trekbbs that the voyager crew would not last 20 mins in the BSG universe. Assuming we take away certain conditions provided by plot armour, eg, photon torpedos, shields, phasers, techno babble and make Starfleet's ships roughly equal to Baseships and Battlestars, we could look at the merits of the crew members in surviving in a harsher universe. So basically my guess aligns with that post in that imo Janeway's crew wouldn't last a second with the exception of 7 of 9, who would probably defect to the Cylons and integrate quite well I imagine. Janeway would make some stupid decision involving brute force tactics without any strategy and end up getting blown up out of the sky. Nexlix would be cannon fodder though Tuvok would have a good chance of surviving. Archer's ship would be annihilated in 10 seconds, his incompetence would be the undoing of them all, T'Pol might fare better though out of all of them as a colonial. Picard, for all his qualities would get his ship destroyed out of high minded principles, he would attempt to establish negotiations with the Cylons only to be blown up, I don't think he would integrate well on a colonial ship. Worf on the other hand would adapt well. The only captains I think that would handle the BSG universe are Kirk and Sisko who were both very tough and very clever military commanders when the occasion called for it.

On the other hand Kara Thrace would probably hate flying shuttle crafts. Gaius Baltar would probably enjoy being a federation scientist, if anything he was out of place in the ultra macho, military environment of Galactica but would thrive in the federation and would probably end up on Rigel 7. Adama, I could see him being a fairly good Starfleet captain, Tighe though would be totally out of place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

How long would the bsg crowd last in the bsg universe without plot armour??

Sure they never stop massacring side characters in that bsg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Granted there was plot armour in bsg but they showed the cost of everything, things had to be repaired, supplies continually ran low, ships weren't just replaced (with one or two exceptions), there were feck all habitable planets, it was a cold, dark universe they traversed. Also the crew/characters were like the other side of the coin to trek crews, they frequently argued/fought with each other, drank, smoked, listened to rock music instead of classical and jazz, used a lot of bad language. Just interested in seeing how different crew members would fare in each other's universes.
    Who knows, maybe BSG is in the Trek universe, after all it was 150,000 years ago and Trek is our future, and it would seem we avert an AI disaster with Picard's defense of Data's rights as an android.

Advertisement