Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist loves pulling teeth

Options
  • 14-09-2015 5:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭

The dentist I went to loves pulling teeth and admitted to having pulled thousands of them. I came there for a deep filling but when he drilled he changed his mind and pulled the (biggest) molar out leaving a deep and painful hole. I had pain in this molar for 2 years on and off and sometimes sharp sometimes soft pain. He finally made a picture but by then I had no more pain. A Year ago he had done a small tiny filling at the gumline before on it and this had fallen out and he just redid without any cleaning or drilling back then. Now he claimed the molar could not be saved and he was right in pulling it. After 2 years! I think there would be no nerves left in it and he could have done a crown instead?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Whats your questions exactly...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

he could have done a crown instead?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Anita M. wrote: »

Did you ask him if that was an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Anita M. wrote: »

Well that depends on the condition of the tooth. Teeth are sometimes unrestorable where the decay has gone beyond the point of being able to salvage anything.

Sometimes patient opt not to save, salvageable teeth because they dont want to spend 1500 - 2000 euro getting a root canal and a crown.

Without knowing what the exact clinical situation nobody on here can give you a more informed opinion than the dentist that saw you. And seeing as the tooth is gone, nobody every will be either.

You could get an implant or a bridge to replace the missing molar now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

How much does that cost?

• Advertisement
Advertisement