Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Hall arrival schedule?

Options
  • 13-09-2015 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I heard something about an arrival schedule for Friday for Trinity Hall, is there one and where can I find it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

Yeah somebody said they had it emailed to them, but I've yet to receive anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chriswoods96

I'm yet to receive anything yet either, despite being told it had been emailed to everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ellie1996

The email was sent to your new @tcd.ie account you got after registering and not your personal email address so be sure to check that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

It's just a guideline to try and ensure everyone doesn't show up at the same time together. If you can't stick strictly to it don't worry.

Yeah, I've been checking that address but haven't received anything about a schedule. Who's it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Something Clever

I haven't received anything to that address either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ididthemathtom

Here is the bulk of the email I received with all the important info.

The first bit of really important information is that we expect you to HAVE made payment for your accommodation for the first two weeks rent AND also for period 1 which covers your rent up until the 31st of December.
    We realise that some incoming residents may not as yet be able to see charges on their my tcd ie account, please continue to check regularly as they will be available for payment prior to your arrival.

Secondly remember you do need to bring basic kitchen equipment, and bedding, with you for the first weekend/week or two but you don?t need to bring everything that you will need for the year. There are two shopping centres near Hall (Rathmines and Dundrum) where most essentials can be purchased.

Thirdly another vital piece of information ? no overnight guests are permitted until the night of Friday the 25th of September. On check-in all residents will be issued with a Hall wristband which will be checked on entrance to Hall at night for the first week of residence while TCD ID cards are being issued.

Fourthly AND MOST IMPORTANTLY ? what time to arrive?
    We are expecting about 800 people to arrive and we only have about 200 car parking spaces ? so do the maths!
     We will basically be operating a drop down facility for unloading luggage etc., cars will only be permitted to stay on the grounds for a max period of 45 minutes (depending on how full the car park is). Once you have unloaded your car it needs to be removed from the site, there is plenty of alternative parking available nearby. Cars that overstay their welcome will be clamped!!!
     Cars should ENTER via Dartry Road (at peak times there will be two lanes of traffic entering) and then exit through gates at the rear of the site (the same for taxis). Darty Road is a main exit route from the city so traffic will be busy on Friday from about 2pm onwards. Please don?t double park along the road as the local police will tow your car. We ask that you cooperate with us and try to get your car off site as fast as you can.
     In order to keep traffic congestion in the area to a minimum we request that if you are NOT an international student you try to arrive between the times listed below and note that each resident is limited to one car.
     Arrival time for each County between.
    8.30 - 10am: - Carlow, Kilkenny, Laois and Wexford.
    9.30 - 12 noon: Down, Armagh, Monaghan, Cavan, Longford, West Meath, Offaly and Tipperary.
    1 -and 4pm: Tyrone, Fermanagh, Leitrim, Roscommon, Galway, Waterford, Limerick.
    11 - 2pm: Cork, Kerry, Clare, Mayo, Sligo, Donegal, Derry and Antrim.
    3 - 5.30pm: Wicklow, Kildare, Meath, and Louth.

For those travelling from overseas we ask that you try to arrive anytime from 9am am onwards but prior to 5pm.

Fifthly attendance is compulsory at the following events over the weekend and all residents arriving on the 18th need to allow themselves time to complete the check in process (allow at least 30 mins) in order to attend their house's COMPULSORY ORIENTATION MEETING with the Warden that evening.

Compulsory Meetings with the Warden on Friday night the 18th of September are at
    5.30 pm   Houses 86 to 91
    7.15pm    Houses 79 to 85

You will also have to attend a Compulsory House Meeting with your Assistant Warden on Saturday 19th of September between 11.00 and 3pm (schedule posted on all house doors and available on the web).

Lastly this is a reminder about the Compulsory Fire Talks which will occur after Fresher?s week.  Note talks are a statutory requirement under fire safety legislation and nonattendance at a fire talk will result in a ?100 fine.

Monday 28th September @ Sports Hall -Houses   87-91 @ 8pm
    Tuesday 29th September @ Sports Hall - Houses     83-86 @ 8pm
    Thursday 1st October @ Sports Hall- Houses 79-82 @ 8pm

The Accommodation Office

Thanks! - I see it's up on the website now too.

Advertisement