Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Refresher Courses

Options
  • 13-09-2015 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Its been many years since i studied & worked in the It sector. I would like to gain some experience and refresh my skill-set for my CV.

Can anyone suggest some areas that are currently of importance.

what facets of IT are currently important?

I graduated with a Degree in IT management in 2004.

Im thinking cloud office 365 is something of importance and database management. I was thinking of refreshing via lynda.com, is that recommended?
    some coding fundamentals? which languages....

any advice or thoughts on trying to re-enter this area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Did you have a actual skill set or work experience in a specific area or role outside of your degree in IT management?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 my_pie

My Thesis discussed Internet privacy, I worked as a support technician for a while, i managed an offices servers, printer support, installations etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Pick a specific field you enjoyed last time, look at job applications for the top end. Figure out what experience and qualifications they are looking for and work towards that.

Advertisement