Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Googles/Lens for white out days

Options
  • 13-09-2015 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

I have been caught in a lot of white out days over the past few years and just haven't had the googles up to the job. So its something i finally wanna try get sorted this year.

The thing is , i think its the sheer whiteness of every thing and glare (ya the glare in low light days) seems to be my biggest issue in white out conditions and just totally overwhelms my vision.

I was leaning toward Hi yellows before but i kinda thought it might be a bad idea since it could make the glare bit worse. So i was looking at mirrorers lens with a slightly lower VLT light the Smith Sensor Mirror lens.

Don't really have the chance to do trial and error on this.

Anyone have any advise???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 adricky

I have Smith Red Sensor Mirror lens on my I/O7s for low light days and find them very good.
    Sensor mirror are suppose to be even better.

This is a good guide.
    blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/smith-goggle-lens-guide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I have the Rose tinted Prizms, bought into the hype last year. Didn't have a complete white-out on our trip last year but it was just ok in low-light conditions. Didn't see much difference against persimmon which I had previously

Advertisement