Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frustrated: Opening Hours Info

Options
  • 13-09-2015 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of one good source to get all the opening hours of business in the city at a glance? Of course you can labouriously trawl through each and every business and waste so much time.

For example Three or 3? in the Galway SC. 3's website asks you to send them your phone number so that they can contact you back (apparently). I could not believe it!! Information that you need quickly and you have to engage in texts with them! Give us a break. No opening hours posted on their website, as far as I could see. Why is that?

Frequently, or all too often when you click on Contact Us all you get is a telephone number for you to ring. And often you are sourcing this information outside of work hours so no one will answer anyway. Why can't companies post a simple opening hours timetable on their websites? The information on other business is often out of date or simply wrong. Aldi, frequently I think change their opening hours so you never are sure if they are open or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Such a resource does not exist, and would be unwieldy to create and maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,936 ✭✭✭✭flazio

http://www.three.ie/web/store-locator/
    Enter Galway into the search bar.
    Generally 9 to 6 are considered the trading hours Monday to Saturday, most stores extend to 7 or 8 or 9 on a Friday and might do a half or full day on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭bobbyss

flazio wrote: »
    http://www.three.ie/web/store-locator/
    Enter Galway into the search bar.
    Generally 9 to 6 are considered the trading hours Monday to Saturday, most stores extend to 7 or 8 or 9 on a Friday and might do a half or full day on a Sunday.

Thanks.
    Opening hours there all right. Bit hard to find however. I did not expect to find it under Help. I would have been looking for Opening Hours which I couldn't find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Usually when i google "galway business_name" it displays the map, phone number, and opening hours. (Example: http://bfy.tw/1m0k)

But I agree, in general it is ludicrous. So many businesses don't bother putting basic information in their shop windows or websites. I've seen countless ads in the advertiser that either don't mention the phone number or the address. I reckon they're doing so well they don't need more business.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do tell the business owner next time you're in the shop. Only one person can change things and it's them. If no-one tells them they might not even know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,787 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Many businesses avoid putting this information on-line, as they make local alternations all the time to address seasonal demand. Would be a nightmare to keep up to date. Even quite large chains appear to allow this (eg Dunnes Stores Eyre Square actually open at 8:30am most weekday mornings, even though for ages their signage said 9am).

Most shops in Galway are 9-6 monday to wednesday and 9-8 or 9-9 thursday and friday and 9-6 saturday.

Sunday can be a bit more all over the place but most are open in the afternoon anyway for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Many businesses avoid putting this information on-line, as they make local alternations all the time to address seasonal demand. Would be a nightmare to keep up to date. Even quite large chains appear to allow this (eg Dunnes Stores Eyre Square actually open at 8:30am most weekday mornings, even though for ages their signage said 9am).

That is the most disappointing thing;the big stores who have the resources to be attentive to customers. On a Sat morning, for example, it's important to me to know if I can finish my shop in Tesco (GSC) at 8;55 , then nip into Kozzy's for haircut at 9 and afterwards pop into Easons. No, not Easons. They don't open until ...whenever on a Saturday. Ok So I will pop into Pennys for a gander. No. Can't do that either. They don't open until .. whenever on a Saturday either. I stood outside O'Flahertys Chemist at 9 to fill a prescription but I could not see any opening hours posted. Maybe there was one, but I did not see it. So, I left.

When your time is short and you have a schedule to adhere to all these things are important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

bobbyss wrote: »
    That is the most disappointing thing;the big stores who have the resources to be attentive to customers. On a Sat morning, for example, it's important to me to know if I can finish my shop in Tesco (GSC) at 8;55 , then nip into Kozzy's for haircut at 9 and afterwards pop into Easons. No, not Easons. They don't open until ...whenever on a Saturday. Ok So I will pop into Pennys for a gander. No. Can't do that either. They don't open until .. whenever on a Saturday either. I stood outside O'Flahertys Chemist at 9 to fill a prescription but I could not see any opening hours posted. Maybe there was one, but I did not see it. So, I left.

When your time is short and you have a schedule to adhere to all these things are important.

That sounds like a recipe for constant disappointment. I just tend to wander aimlessly around the shopping centres and take notions and tbh I think I'm happier for it.

Drives herself mad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

That would be easily solved by getting there later AND you'd get a lie in!
    Get your shopping finished by 10 and after that the Galway Shopping Centre is your oyster!

If your time is that short do your shopping online. It really doesn't matter whether you know opening times or not in this instance,no one's going to be opening doors at 9 for you.

• Advertisement

Their opening hours are all posted on the internet 9:30, 9:00, 9:00 - I'm not sure why you expect them to adhere to your schedule.

If it was profitable to open earlier for you they would.

Advertisement