Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual sim phone

Options
  • 13-09-2015 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    So I had a Motorola 2nd gen which served me ok but I lost it on hols.It was slow enough,so I'm in the market.Budget is max 300 but lower if possible.I don't know about the Chinese route as I had a few before which left a lot to be desired.
    Hit me up with a few recommendations if he can.
    Thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Redriddick wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    So I had a Motorola 2nd gen which served me ok but I lost it on hols.It was slow enough,so I'm in the market.Budget is max 300 but lower if possible.I don't know about the Chinese route as I had a few before which left a lot to be desired.
    Hit me up with a few recommendations if he can.
    Thanks a mill

You've had the Motorola which would be the top contender, next in line and within your budget would be the 32gb dual SIM LG G3

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Nichard Dixon

There is a dual sim 3rd gen Moto G, but it is sold in Asia and not yet so easy to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Thanks lads.Still dont know.
    The gen 3 looks good just a pity its not available here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I have a dual sim umi iron. works great. top class specs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

@daytob - How is the battery life of the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Where did ya buy from daytob???

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

Coldfire1x - can you tell me more about the umi iron? What would it compare too? How good is the battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I'm looking at the Wileyfox Swift at the moment ... anyone have this already and can recommend for/against?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Coldfire1x - can you tell me more about the umi iron? What would it compare too? How good is the battery life.

I have a Umi Iron and while it is ok as a phone for travelling rather than taking my GS6 with me, the number of people over on the UMI forums complaining about performance of the camera, low USB transfer speed, clicking sound when using headset and some apps compatibility issue would certainly put me off buying one now - I bought mine not long after it was released last year.

Umi also seem to have stopped updating the OS as well.

The Wileyfox Swift is probably a better phone. At least it is running CyanogenMod and should hopefully receive updates for longer than the Umi Iron did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I have a UMI Iron Pro, running CyanogenMod the last couple of months & I can't fault it.

It doesn't appear to have the issues the UMI Iron reportedly suffer from.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smartphone-Android-Lollipop-Eyeprint-Fingerprint/dp/B017SP3BOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458823699&sr=8-1&keywords=umi+iron+pro

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/b17837b4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    I'm looking at the Wileyfox Swift at the moment ... anyone have this already and can recommend for/against?

Did you get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

No. Picked up a OnePlusX in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    No. Picked up a OnePlusX in the end

Saint Mel, what do you think of the OnePlusX, tempted myself as I'm looking for a new dual sim phone

Advertisement