Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second time grant

Options
  • 12-09-2015 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi all, I need a bit of help.

I got a grant for one year in 2009, unfortunately I couldn't continue university for personal reasons. I would like know would I be able to get another grant? I plan to return to a different University next year, and do a different course.
    I basically did half of a year the first time around.

Will I be entitled to another grant?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Yeah, 5 years has to pass, and you will have well done that by that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Hi all, I need a bit of help.

I got a grant for one year in 2009, unfortunately I couldn't continue university for personal reasons. I would like know would I be able to get another grant? I plan to return to a different University next year, and do a different course.
    I basically did half of a year the first time around.

Will I be entitled to another grant?

As long as there has been no break in the gap between leaving the last course and your new course. This gap must be 5 years or more.
    If you have attended ANY studies since leaving your last course then you may not be eligible to be considered a second chance student.

Advertisement