Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plunge / Fixed Base Combo Router

Options
  • 12-09-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi.

Any recommendations for a solid combination router and also where to buy in Ireland?

I'm looking at the DeWalt D26204-GB combo router but can only find it on Amazon UK. Also a Trend T5 but looking for others experience & advice with routers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Caufields industrial have the dewalt ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I have used the DeWalt DW615 for several years now. I have hung over 1000 doors with it as well as other jobs.

1/4 inch was the way to go for me as I needed a light setup for doors. Never let me down but the bearings are starting to scream now.

If it was just for a workshop, then 1/2 may be a better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

soft start key , especially if going above 1/4

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I have used the DeWalt DW615 for several years now. I have hung over 1000 doors with it as well as other jobs.

1/4 inch was the way to go for me as I needed a light setup for doors. Never let me down but the bearings are starting to scream now.

If it was just for a workshop, then 1/2 may be a better choice.

They are getting very pricey. Is it economical just to get a set of bearings replaced ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

recipio wrote: »
    They are getting very pricey. Is it economical just to get a set of bearings replaced ?

I dont know to be honest. I think there is a dewalt repair shop in Tallaght. I fear opening a box of springs if I have a look.

But it owes me nothing either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I dont know to be honest. I think there is a dewalt repair shop in Tallaght. I fear opening a box of springs if I have a look.

But it owes me nothing either way.

I had a Ryobi router serviced once - I think it was the bearings but it was very steep. After that I stuck to Makita and haven't had a problem since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

I've the large Bosch combi base. Serious power and not a bad tool but , it wouldn't beat the Milwaukee combi kit they used to make( that got robbed on me).

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

Miname wrote: »
    I've the large Bosch combi base. Serious power and not a bad tool but , it wouldn't beat the Milwaukee combi kit they used to make( that got robbed on me).

Where did you buy the Milwaukee @Miname?

Advertisement