Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Access

Options
  • 12-09-2015 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm an alumni of UL, still have my student card (expired), currently studying for professional exams (CFA's), anyone know if I can access the Library just to use some of the study benches.

I'm aware that since I've left that card access is now required so I thought it best to ask here.

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

1huge1 wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm an alumni of UL, still have my student card (expired), currently studying for professional exams (CFA's), anyone know if I can access the Library just to use some of the study benches.

I'm aware that since I've left that card access is now required so I thought it best to ask here.

Thanks a mil

Probably not, but it might be worth a try to just go to the security desk and tell them you forgot your student card and that you cant get a slip from the machine since it doesnt have all the characters you require (this happened me last semester and he just let me in.) The machine thingy was also broken friday so you might be able to chance it this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Go to the alumni office in the SU and they'll sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

As an UL alumnus you are entitled to get a card which will allow you access to the library. This needs to be renewed every three years.

It doesn't grant lending rights, but you can sign up to this service for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Great, thanks for the help all

Advertisement