Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper van on a straight deal?

Options
  • 11-09-2015 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Could I expect to get more off a van on a straight deal, its retail price is 36k and the salesman quoted me 35k straight? What percentage is usual on a straight deal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

kilk wrote: »
    Could I expect to get more off a van on a straight deal, its retail price is 36k and the salesman quoted me 35k straight? What percentage is usual on a straight deal?

Old thread. But to answer your question you should get more than that off. Best thing to do is price the exact same van same spec like for like in 3-5 dealers or even more you'll find they all have different straight prices and sometimes there can be huge difference between them. But you can't really say you get x% of the price of all cars and vans but 1k off is very Low.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Someone offered discount on a van? Bite his hand off.

What van is it? Vans are in such short supply at the moment that if it's in stock and you try pricing it from another dealer it's likely they'd need to contact the first dealer to see if it's available before pricing you.

Also, 36k retail? Must be some fancy pants van!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭kilk

R.O.R wrote: »
    Someone offered discount on a van? Bite his hand off.

What van is it? Vans are in such short supply at the moment that if it's in stock and you try pricing it from another dealer it's likely they'd need to contact the first dealer to see if it's available before pricing you.

Also, 36k retail? Must be some fancy pants van!

It's a campervan.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Title updated, thread moved to M+Cs

• Advertisement
Advertisement