Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 unit bedroom monitor for 2 children

Options
  • 11-09-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi All,

looking for some help/advice here. We are trying to source a 2 room monitor set, 1 unit for our newborn and another for our older child. We were looking for the non-video type, just sound.

Anybody know of these as they are not as easy to get as the video monitor type?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kop-end

Jaysus lads you are desperate ....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I think you haven't gotten any answer because nobody has ever heard of one. I have seen monitors with 2 parent units but never one with 2 child units. We looked for one when I was expecting baby number 2 but had no success so we had to get a second set. So when the second baby was born, she inherited her brothers angelcare sound and movement monitor and the toddler got upgraded to a video monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

What's your aversion to a video monitor, OP?

What's your aversion to a video monitor, OP?

The second unit is for an older child for medical reasons during the night, we also want to respect her privacy while she is in her room reading, playing so we were thinking an audio monitor rather than a video monitor.

Please feel free to offer any advice though

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

kop-end wrote: »
    The second unit is for an older child for medical reasons during the night, we also want to respect her privacy while she is in her room reading, playing so we were thinking an audio monitor rather than a video monitor.

Please feel free to offer any advice though

Why not get in a video monitor, and just respect her privacy by listening to the audio only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We were thinking of that when our second was due. In the end the baby got the Angelcare we already had and we bought a very basic sound only Motorola monitor for the older child.

I think it's handier to actually have two monitors - as they get older I find it's hard to tell which child is making noise so with two monitors we can have them in different places downstairs so we know which one is making noise. Also when they are a baby if you are going in doing a night feed or the baby is just awake/crying in their own room you'd probably need to turn off the monitor in your room while you're in with the child which means if your partner needs to keep an ear on the older child they can't hear them on monitor. If they turn it on all they'd heard is the baby noise. Hope that makes sense!

Why not get in a video monitor, and just respect her privacy by listening to the audio only?

Hi Kenny, Thanks for that, I never actually thought of using the video unit for the older child as audio only, I did not know that was possible. I though it was video all the time.

sillysocks wrote: »
    We were thinking of that when our second was due. In the end the baby got the Angelcare we already had and we bought a very basic sound only Motorola monitor for the older child.

I think it's handier to actually have two monitors - as they get older I find it's hard to tell which child is making noise so with two monitors we can have them in different places downstairs so we know which one is making noise. Also when they are a baby if you are going in doing a night feed or the baby is just awake/crying in their own room you'd probably need to turn off the monitor in your room while you're in with the child which means if your partner needs to keep an ear on the older child they can't hear them on monitor. If they turn it on all they'd heard is the baby noise. Hope that makes sense!

Hi SillySocks,
    Thank you for the advice, it actually sounds ideal for me and to hear it from someone who has actually done it make it even better.
    At the moment I have a digital Motorola unit so I just need to check that I can use a second digital unit in the same house.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

It works great for us. We actually ended up with two Motorola ones, although slightly different models when our Angelcare broke. The girl in Smyths said there was no problem having two of same brand-I wasn't sure would they interfere with each other etc, but probably worth checking your specific one anyway.

Advertisement