Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is your 11month old's food routine?

Options
  • 11-09-2015 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

My LO is as follows:-
    7am bottle
    9am breakfast
    12pm ish lunch (tends to have his big nap10-12ish)
    2.30 ish bottle
    4.45/5ish tea
    7pm bottle and bed

i'm told i should start snacks inbetween. What do you give and when? I thought maybe half tub of yoghurt with afternoon bottle or slice of toast between morning bottle and lunch if he wakes earlier than 12- some days he only sleeps an hour til 11am ish.

Does this seems alot of food? I think so. Is a snack a liga biccie or a bit of fruit? My LO has quite a belly and I don't want to be overfeeding him either! he eats a lot for his main meals, great eater. He doesn't really seem to be looking for grub between meals but I'm told I should???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Are you feeding purées etc? If so snacks means steamed carrot, Lisa, finger foods, rice cakes etc. starting from 6 months according to my phn.

We never really had snacks as he was getting plenty of food at mealtimes and we did baby led weaning so had the hand control aspect down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

When mine was that age it was hard to get him to eat anything solid other then black pudding for some reason. He would have eaten purées or yogurts too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

When my fella was that age, I used to give him a piece of fruit or yoghurt between meals. The fruit was great (apples, pears etc) because he would tip away at it for a while, then put it down and come back to it again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

When ye give your little ones yougarts what type of yougart are you giving them? What brands I mean.
    Glenisk?
    Natural yougart?

My dentist gave me a lecture on "snacks " between meals for my child and basically his advice was to eat breakfast dinner tea and a supper NOTHING else in between.
    Try explain that to children

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I tried the glenisk ones a few times but found the smell of them absolutely gick :o So it was petit filous until he was around 14 months and since then we've just given him regular size yoplaits or the calin ones when they are on special offer. Our fella will have one at least every 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Full fat natural yogurt here. I would give it about 5 times a week with my own fruit puree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

monflat wrote: »
    When ye give your little ones yougarts what type of yougart are you giving them? What brands I mean.
    Glenisk?
    Natural yougart?

My dentist gave me a lecture on "snacks " between meals for my child and basically his advice was to eat breakfast dinner tea and a supper NOTHING else in between.
    Try explain that to children

Glenisk Pure Original - it has no added sugar. It's just pure yoghurt.

Petit Filous and the like actually have a truckload of sugar in them, despite being marketed for children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Yeah on,y natural yogurt or the baby Glenisks here too. So much sugar in th childrens yogurts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Glenisk Pure Original - it has no added sugar. It's just pure yoghurt.

Petit Filous and the like actually have a truckload of sugar in them, despite being marketed for children.

Yes I'm very aware of petit filous but snacks I'm just sayin that the dentist advised no snacking of any sort between meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

I found the glenisk to be a bit acidy for my lo she managed much better with natural yogurt with banana mashed in. Munch bunch have reduced sugar ones now and they're very light. But I get them for my 3 year old. She lives on dairy :O. And won't touch plain yogurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I never bothered with snacks as such. I'm a firm believer in 3 meals a day. I let mine have something between meals if they're out and about or it's going to be extra long time between meals but they aren't scheduled

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭wexpat girl

Thanks. I'm inclined to stick with the main meals then. Perhaps only a snack if a meal is running late etc. He eats plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My little lad would have a bottle about 8am, breakfast about 9.30am, bottle around 1.30pm and lunch around 2.30pm, dinner about 5.30pm and a bottle before bed about 8pm. He gets the odd snack between dinner and bed bottle like a yogurt or rice cake if he has had an early dinner but for the most part it's just bottles and 3 meals sometimes skipping the middle bottle if he doesn't look for it. He's 9 months.

Advertisement