Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV licence collection tender ?

Options
  • 11-09-2015 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Is the contract for television licence collection ever put out to tender ? I imagine it would have to be under European law but I have never heard of it going out to tender.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

From what I gather, no it's not, the Government have considered doing so a number of times and RTE itself would prefer if it did, but for political reasons it remains with An Post and that seems unlikely to change at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

icdg wrote: »
    From what I gather, no it's not, the Government have considered doing so a number of times and RTE itself would prefer if it did, but for political reasons it remains with An Post and that seems unlikely to change at the moment.

I thought that the people who brought us Eircode where being considered for the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Elmo wrote: »
    I thought that the people who brought us Eircode where being considered for the role.

They do the UK as far as I know.(capita)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Are the An Post inspectors on a bonus scheme for catching evaders? On our road the other day it looked like a guy from The Viper's crew was checking a few houses. Wearing shorts with a tattoo on his leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Dee Forbes was talking about this yesterday, saying its on the cards for later this year, the same thing has been said on and off for at least two decades but nothing ever happens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don't drag up old threads, and I'd prefer if all the RTE discussion stayed together

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement