Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird HDMI / Matrix Splitter issue for the techies!

Options
  • 11-09-2015 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭

Here's a weird one for the techies here. I have a NEET 4x2 splitter in the sitting room that feeds the main TV and the kitchen TV ( that's the 2 OUTPUTS ) and the 4 INPUTS have the usual stuff: UPC, DVD, PS3, Minix.

The kitchen TV has 2 hdmi ports; port 1 is connected to the splitter in the sitting room, and the 2nd hdmi port (normally free ), I use to connect to the MXq via a spare 1.5mtr hdmi cable. Now heres the funny thing: Once the MXq is connected, the TV in the sitting room loses sound and picture after a few secs. This problem remains, until I either disconnect the hdmi cable from the MXq or remove the hdmi cable feeding the kitchen TV from the back of the splitter.

Weird, or what ? Any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

That's exactly what I'd expect from a HDMI splitter. Unlike SCART, with HDMI there's a negotiation takes place between the transmitting and receiving devices, they pass a few packets back and forth and decide the resolution to send the transmission in. This makes splitters completely hit or miss

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Coconut Joe

Have you tried changing the input source on the splitter (going to kitchen tv) before you connect the MXQ? If both outputs on the splitter are running different sources before new device is introduced it may help avoiding handshake weirdness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

That's exactly what I'd expect from a HDMI splitter. Unlike SCART, with HDMI there's a negotiation takes place between the transmitting and receiving devices, they pass a few packets back and forth and decide the resolution to send the transmission in. This makes splitters completely hit or miss

Agreed, mine has gone in the bin and I just plug in and out as I need to

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭dodzy

Cheers lads but I just can't buy the whole 'bin it' and go back to plug/unplug as necessary.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-HDMI-TRUE-MATRIX-Distribution-black/dp/B002E50R02

These ain't cheap. There must be a reason & a fix:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

dodzy wrote: »
    Cheers lads but I just can't buy the whole 'bin it' and go back to plug/unplug as necessary.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-HDMI-TRUE-MATRIX-Distribution-black/dp/B002E50R02

These ain't cheap. There must be a reason & a fix:o

Like I said, it'll be hit or miss.

You need to buy with a good returns policy, Argos are great for this with their 14 day money back guarantee. Once or twice I've bought from Argos, tested, ordered cheaper on Amazon and returned to Argos for a full refund :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement