Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards' Most Pathetic Threads

Options
  • 10-09-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭

"this one" - I'm just gonna get in there first, before the hilaaaaarious lads do, so we can move on...

Sometimes I see people going into threads and questioning the relevance of them, all the way up to outright mocking people for posting in them. I see it in some of the threads I post in, beer forum for instance, people might think guys taking about their favourite beer fairly pathetic. No skin off my nose, but I'm not sure why they would have to comment on the thread itself.

Threads for hobbies that are seen as very 'anorak' like trainspotting, stamp collecting or bird watching are other one I see sometimes invaded by posters with no interest in contributing with anything other than a wind up.

I'm usually a very each-to-their-own kinda person, but a thread I saw today made me think... "Get a life". And that's this thread dedicated to updating the world on celebs splitting up. Jaysus.

Now, it's probably not sound to call out someone else's thread like that, but, from a distance, so as to let people get on with their interests, what threads do you think are a bit sad?

Religious and rival sports teams thread mentions probably aren't as funny as ya think. Just sayin'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This one has to rank with some of the most pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This one has to rank with some of the most pathetic.

Yeah, I covered that in the first sentence , but don't let that stop you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Gina go ahead and agree on this one

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

After Hours is not being used as a platform to mock other threads/forums/users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This one for sure, I know you know, thought I'd tell you again :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement