Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-op interview

Options
  • 10-09-2015 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Has anyone got info re co-op interview questions for computer /gaming development for European placement ? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ollieelfie wrote: »
    Has anyone got info re co-op interview questions for computer /gaming development for European placement ? Thanks.

Depends on the company, depends on the role within the company. I had interviews for Irdeto, Philips and The University of Leuven, hugely different interviews.

Just be able to talk about the projects you've done during the course, problems you overcame in projects - that sort of general stuff and you'll get on fine.

It's no harm to really know OO too. Not so much in my International interviews, but in my Irish ones (didn't end up getting International in the end) I was asked some questions about OO and Java.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Some general ?'s that come to mind.

1. What do you know about the company? Basic, but get this wrong and it's curtains.

2. Where do you see the future of gaming going? Have you any of your own ideas for development?

3. How do you work within a team?

4. Can you give an example of where you were stuck on something, but eventually resolved it?

5. Why are you interested in moving to this location/country?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Some general ?'s that come to mind.

4. Can you give an example of where you were stuck on something, but eventually resolved it?

5. Why are you interested in moving to this location/country?

These are two important ones. Especially 5.

Advertisement