Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic qualification riding instructor

Options
  • 10-09-2015 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

My missus has been around and involved with horses all her life , she loves them and helps out at a new livery yard , for the last few months , she would love to start learning to become a basic instructor , she as I do see a lot of "instructors" very young and I would wonder about their qualifications ... Anyway , how do you go about this , and what time period would you be looking at ...just then to be utilising this skill on an occasional basis , only , thanks , paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

You need to work towards your PTT, which involves working your way Stage 1 and 2 first. The amount of time depends entirely on the person and it can cost a fair bit unless it's through FAS. The BHS website describes each of the exams but PTT is the standard teaching course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

sup_dude wrote: »
    You need to work towards your PTT, which involves working your way Stage 1 and 2 first. The amount of time depends entirely on the person and it can cost a fair bit unless it's through FAS. The BHS website describes each of the exams but PTT is the standard teaching course.

Thks what PTT excuse my ignorance 😀
    Live in Meath wondered are there yards/ schools that do these course in Leinster / Meath.
    Thanks for quick reply. Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Thks what PTT excuse my ignorance 😀
    Live in Meath wondered are there yards/ schools that do these course in Leinster / Meath.
    Thanks for quick reply. Paddy

http://www.bhs.org.uk/training-and-qualifications/exams-and-qualifications/find-exams/exams/bhs-preliminary-teaching-test

The link above shows what the PTT is, the site should also give you a list of centres nearby that run the exam :) Again though, Stage 2 is needed before PTT

Advertisement