Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets from Germany

Options
  • 09-09-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, hoping to go to a couple of gigs next month in Munich.....but the cost of postage (Eventim €30, TM €25)albeit express, seems pretty steep. I rang both today but they don't seem to offer economy post and they can't be collected, so only leaves print outs. I'd much rather physical tickets as I like to collect the stubs. Just wondering is it the norm these days, or is there a cheaper option I've overlooked?:confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

couple of things to note here:

1) there's some more German ticket shops, if you want to shop around to possibly find a cheaper deal (however eventim and ticketmaster are indeed the two biggest ones):
    http://www.festivaldatabase.com/?cat=13
    (some of them are German language only though and probably do not ship internationally)
    You can still call them, most people speak English there.

2) You might be able to have the tickets shipped to the hotel/friend's house or wherever you're staying in advance (that's what I always do, but I do have friends and family there and never tested it with a hotel).

3) if this doesn't help, let me know which event(s) you're trying to get tickets for. I can have a look at options on the German version of the sites...

cheers!

sabrewulf

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

one more thing to try:

call these guys:
    https://www.muenchenticket.de/
    +49 89 54 81 81 81

and ask if you can pay in advance for collection and select a pick up location out of these:

Muenchentickets local shops map

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Will give them a call cheers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Grid. wrote: »
    I'd much rather physical tickets as I like to collect the stubs.
    I collect stubs too, and have just picked up discarded tickets at gigs before, after people bought print outs on my behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Hi all, hoping to go to a couple of gigs next month in Munich.....but the cost of postage (Eventim €30, TM €25)albeit express, seems pretty steep. I rang both today but they don't seem to offer economy post and they can't be collected, so only leaves print outs. I'd much rather physical tickets as I like to collect the stubs. Just wondering is it the norm these days, or is there a cheaper option I've overlooked?:confused:

Thanks

I hear ya man ... I had to pay €20 for DHL delivery of my Rush tickets for their Berlin show in 2013. Think it was ticketbastard I got them through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thanks

As annoying as it is, they will arrive with you very quickly. I ordered rock im Park tickets on a Sunday evening, by Tuesday afternoon I had them on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Something that might be worth looking into is this crowd:

http://www.mailboxde.com/

They're like a German version of Parcel Motel, but they will forward mail to destinations in Europe. Never used them myself, but I know people were using them to get One Plus One's shipped to Germany and then forwarded onto Ireland when One Plus wouldn't ship directly to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Buying tickets from Germany is great. If they post it out to you, you get Herr or Frau in front of your name :D

Advertisement