Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeWalt DW745 Table Saw any users?

Options
  • 09-09-2015 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

I've just burnt out a Ryobi ETS-1825 (after a few years use) and replacing the motor is more than I paid for the saw new and it was never that good.

I've borrowed a DW744 to finish a job after burning out the Ryobi and it seemed decent enough. Looks like the nearest equivalent is the DW745 so I'm looking to see if anyone has any views on it? There looks to be a good bit of difference in the main body of the two so didn't want to buy a DW745 after only using the DW744. Also any advantages of 110V over 240V I've transformers and leads so no extra cost.

I need something I can move around as I don't have much room in my workshop so often use tools a good distance away across the yard in a large pole barn. Any other suggestions welcome. I can get the saw and stand for €840 locally or about €800 if I get one from the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Slightly cheaper here Bought mine there Quick delivery in fairness Haven't done too much with mine yet but seems pretty good Cut through 22mm junckers easily enough
    https://my-tools.ie/products/dewalt-dw745-110-volt-table-saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Thanks thats a worthwhile saving.

I burnt out the Ryobi ripping down 4.8M of 2 by 10 timber into two 4inch planks I needed. Not something I do very often but can't see the point of having a 250mm table saw that can't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

my3cents wrote: »
    Thanks thats a worthwhile saving.

I burnt out the Ryobi ripping down 4.8M of 2 by 10 timber into two 4inch planks I needed. Not something I do very often but can't see the point of having a 250mm table saw that can't do that.

I presume these are all direct drive machines with max rpm of 2480 or so so the cutting speed is a lot less than on a belt drive with a 315 blade at 4000 rpm

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

I presume these are all direct drive machines with max rpm of 2480 or so so the cutting speed is a lot less than on a belt drive with a 315 blade at 4000 rpm

Yep all direct drive. Can't get anything with a belt that can be moved around easily. Problem with the ETS-1825 seems to be it has no overload sensor so the motor overheats and the the plastic motor body deforms very slightly. The rear bearing is in the plastic body so it looses center alignment and the rotor hits the stator - end of motor. The DeWalt table saws do have some form of overload protection, but I don't know how well it works.

It looks like the 220V version is a better option as it has a 1800W motor where as the 110V has a 1300W motor?

• Advertisement

Finally got around to buying one, thanks dogg_r_69 bought from Mytools.ie. Actually found it easier to phone the shop as I got an error on the webform. The advantage of phoning is that they can physically check they have the item in stock.

Price was cheaper than expected and Saw and Stand came in at €710 delivered (free delivery). Nearest best price I could get shopping around including UK was €850. Ordered yesterday morning about 11am delivered today (Fastway) 11am.

Will try and do an update on how I get on with the saw, really liked the previous model DW744 so hope this is as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Bought one last week but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Getting bits together to do something like this: http://www.copaindescopeaux.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5927

I don't have anywhere to use it like that, which is way I bought the stand. I can store it securely and roll it out to the barn to use it when I need it.

Just used it to cut up some offcuts for firewood and while I think its great and has some advantages over the DW744 I found the mitre guide much better on the DW744.

Advertisement