Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SU (Huco) fuel pump orientation

Options
  • 09-09-2015 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Have an old MG TD with an SU suction fuel pump. 3 months waiting list for a replacement so I am going for a HUCO instead. The SU is horizontally mounted, the HUCO suits vertical mounting due to its mounting bracket, otherwise I need to drill more mounting holes.

Does anyone know if I can fit the HUCO vertically, does it make a difference?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Do you mean can you fit the HUCO horizontally?
    If so-It wont make a difference.
    Just keep the outlet at the top when you mount it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Airliner

Hi Kevin

Thanks, yes, just for clarity the SU is horizontal with the fuel outlet at the top and inlet at the bottom at one end. (Imagine a cylinder in a horizontal plane). The HUCO is pretty identical but does not have end-on mounting point like the SU. For that reason I want to mount the HUCO vertically with the inlet and outlook on the top end. (the cylinder in a vertical plane). Will go ahead so. Cheers.

Advertisement