Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Performing Rights Organisation

Options
  • 09-09-2015 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Is anyone on here a member of a PRO other than IMRO?
    I've had a piece of music accepted for a music library that won't let me submit without being a member of a PRO, which makes perfect sense for them as far as I can see as it means the song is registered.
    The problem is I don't currently meet the criteria to join IMRO so they won't let me join at the moment, as I haven't had the piece broadcast in the last two years.
    It seems to be a chicken and egg scenario as it's not going to have the chance to be broadcast without being a member of a music library first!

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mid fifties

Its a strange one all right doesnt make sense to have that out of date rule there the sooner they gets rid of it the better, as far as i know you can join the UK Performing Right Society it does the same job as IMRO check their website and good luck to you.

Advertisement