Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like it hard or soft?

Options
  • 08-09-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭

A cookie?

My other half bought a couple of cookies from Subway yesterday and they were soft (as they're supposed to be, apparently) and I thought they weren't nice. So this evening I bought a pack of crunchy cookies from the shop. Much better imo. She disagrees.

What do people here think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,675 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Hard.

While I've still got all my teeth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I like them the way I like my shoite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

It depends on the cookie. If they are the small ones that you get like a packet of biscuits, then I like them hard :pac: If it's those big ones that you can get in places like M&S, then I like them soft and gooey. Somehow everything I just wrote sounds wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

kneemos wrote: »

Coming out of your mouth? :)

Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Soft, buy a cookie from Lidl the day before you intend to eat it, much nicer the following day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Clogging up boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Soft. Hard cookies are gross, like them maryland ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

Hard !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Chewy.

Those munchies cookies in the red bag you can buy in the bakery section of Tesco are tasty as f**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I like the big ones crunchy on the edges and soft/gooey in the middle..I dunk the small hard ones:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Soft, buy a cookie from Lidl the day before you intend to eat it, much nicer the following day.

No word of a lie, those Lidl double chocolate chip cookies would put a horn on a dead man. I'm hooked on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Ahhhh OP, the way you worded the title I was full sure the thread was going to be about s.. eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lemd

Full of undigested sweetcorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I love soft cookies. So chewy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Cookies are soft. What you want are biscuits. And you are wrong. Cookies are where its at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Thanks everyone. May have to stop off at Lidl on a way home so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

The ones I loooove are ones I've not seen here. They tend to get baked in the shop, but they come in as frozen dough. I can't remember what the brand was, but white chocolate chip and raspberry. Crispy at the edges and then soft in the middle.

White chocolate cookie and then get some fresh raspberries and put them on top. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The hot cookies from Dominos are good shizzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

Depends which hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Soft
    mdwexford wrote: »
    The hot cookies from Dominos are good shizzle.

I find they can over cook them sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

Medusa22 wrote: »
    It depends on the cookie. If they are the small ones that you get like a packet of biscuits, then I like them hard :pac: If it's those big ones that you can get in places like M&S, then I like them soft and gooey. Somehow everything I just wrote sounds wrong...

Ditto. My workmates and me all agree that our local Subway cookies are great when fresh and softer/chewy in the middle (small packed cookies crunchy though, as they're gone off otherwise)
    Always found domino's too soft though, or just not great in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I like them hard. You cant beat a good Ginger snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,213 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If you buy a packet of cookies from a shop. They are supposed to be hard/crunchy
    If you buy cookies from subway/M&S bakery they are sort of soft/chewy.
    I baked cookies a couple of times and they came out similarly(soft & chewy) however they went stale very fast.

Advertisement