Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have current ICU executive achieved this year

Options
  • 08-09-2015 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I'll start with an easy one

The Glorney and Faber cup were run very successfully

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

I'm not looking forward to seeing the bill though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Is this thread what have they done like any normal executive would? i.e. set a date for the AGM?

Or what they have done differently? i.e. published draft minutes of executive meetings?

I think it should be latter. Otherwise this thread is too easy to derail with mockery.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

reunion wrote: »
    Is this thread what have they done like any normal executive would?
    To be fair, that wouldn't be damning with faint praise. It's surprisingly (and depressingly) rare for committees in Irish sports NGBs to actually do solid work on the basic stuff. A committee that kept the lights on, made sure the competitions happened, kept accurate records and didn't make a mess of things is actually not the bare minimum in Irish sport :(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭checknraise

They hosted the glorney cup which was a great event by all accounts.
    Darko organised a grant of 5,000e towards the glorney cup.
    Sponsorship was organised for the Irish junior championships.
    Pat spoke well on the radio debating whether chess is a sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pete Morriss

Really? I was told the opposite.

As for the money for the Glorney, I have searched both the Glorney and European Chess Union websites, and found no mention of that. It's not like Azmaiparashvili not to publicize such generosity. Maybe the money really was given, and maybe there is an item on the ECU website that I have missed, but I wouldn't rely on any statement to that effect on the ICU website.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

There was sponsorship - t-shirts for all competitors and a cup for best under 8 girl I think.

Nothing financial.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Chess_Coach

LOL

ECU did not publish this . Well done Pete you are amazing .
    How many times I have asked you at the meetings what will you do regarding sponsorship ?
    How many potential sponsors have you contacted ?
    Any success ? You might if you were not busy with sending false emails to the Executive members for setups . You have done this to late Bernard Palmer who then washed you with pint of beer. Remember!

The 5000 e was given to ICU by ECU.

This makes 4000 e saved per year as junior officer - 12 000 e plus 5 000 e total of 17 000 e for ICU

Now how much money did you save or make for ICU ?
    Wait wait

It is zero isnt it ?

Or could you tell us what have you done regarding Child Protection Policy ? I have wrote to you numerous time didnt I

This Executive had that sorted but this is maybe just maybe not that important to you or is it ?

I am looking forward to see you again at AGM Pete I have more question for you now . It is regarding emails sent privately to other officers and one Arbiter Norm .
    Please make sure that you have answers or maybe you could explain it here .
    Thanks

They hosted the glorney cup which was a great event by all accounts.
    Darko organised a grant of 5,000e towards the glorney cup.
    Pat spoke well on the radio debating whether chess is a sport.

emmmmmm

Child Protection Sorted
    NCC rules amended
    Data Protection law respected and fully controlled
    Minors data safe and protected
    Action regarding one Arbiter Norm - regulated
    Junior Coaching Project was excellent
    Transparent budget with strict control
    Minutes from meeting published
    ECU President and Secretary visit - Darko
    Fide President support to Glorney - Darko and KOC
    Norm Tournament for 2016 in plan - agreed

But please chess friends ask Pete what has he done ? Please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

reed

But please chess friends ask Pete what has he done ? Please ?

Personally I had nothing against you Darko until tonight when I had to read reams and reams of self-justifying c**p in bad English from you. Save your speech for the agm.

Pete is not a candidate so what he has done or not done a year ago is irrelevant to how people will vote this year.

What is more relevant to how we impartial players will vote is the extremely unpleasant smell coming from the current ICU chairperson [originally I wrote "EC president" - wrong term, must be going senile, very sad] and his totally noxious and incompetent P.R.O.

Fish rot from the head.

Personally I had nothing against you Darko until tonight when I had to read reams and reams of self-justifying c**p in bad English from you. Save your speech for the agm.

Pete is not a candidate so what he has done or not done a year ago is irrelevant to how people will vote this year.

What is more relevant to how we impartial players will vote is the extremely unpleasant smell coming from the current EC president and his totally noxious and incompetent P.R.O.

Fish rot from the head.

*snip*

My Croatian and Serbian is much better then your English and my 2nd language is much better then yours .

You defend your best friend here your pal who did nothing as Chairman of the ICU . It is important very important Tim what he have done last year . You will see it is regarding one Arbiter Norm .

I have no idea what is EC but you ll not bully me here or anywhere .

I am not afraid of your kind c...p . I talk like this but I work for Irish chess 24 / 7 . Ask your pal . He knows .

Do not talk in the name of many I talk just in my name . You represent nobody but yourself . However you might think that you are some kind of the leader of the huge crowd. Then wake up alone as usual .

Many now can see that this is hijack at the Executive . Ask GG just to tell you what was the ICU password given to GG by Mark Orr and publish it here .

This passwords hide the nature of all that was going in in Executive .

*snip*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lecale

EC is probably executive committee. The elections should not be fought over issues of how much you personally dislike A or B. It is about what they did for Irish Chess. I think that this thread should try to stay on topic. Let us talk here about what the ICU executive actually did. Is that possible, or can Irish Chess players not manage even that?

You are well misinformed by haters on this blog. If you knew the truth you would maybe change your mind . AUDARE ET ALTERA PARS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ComDubh

Fish rot from the head.

Lovely expression! Here's another relevant one from Shaw: "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

Mod note: please stay on topic.

Child Protection Sorted
    NCC rules amended - that's not an achievement. NCC rules have been in place for all executive.
    Data Protection law respected and fully controlled - according to your accusations on Mark Orr this would be untrue. Also something every executive has done.
    Minors data safe and protected - See point above
    Action regarding one Arbiter Norm - Not an achievement
    Junior Coaching Project was excellent - was it not other years?
    Transparent budget with strict control - No budget available: note same as every other executive
    Minutes from meeting published - mandated and these are only DRAFT versions are available. I note the draft version of the latest minutes which remove the MCU rep without consultation is still missing.
    ECU President and Secretary visit - Darko Executive
    Fide President support to Glorney - Darko and KOC Executive
    Norm Tournament for 2016 in plan - Already one yearly

See my notes above, not all those listed actions are achievements. Some of them are what happen every year in Irish chess.

ECU President visit was organized by me only not the Executive sorry .
    No Data was not safe as you will see from report .
    Your notes are not correct at all . Budget will be available in time . No the budget was not published when JOC was Chairman .

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lecale

I'm interested to know what data safety means here.:)
    For instance, storing Data in the UK doesn't make it unsafe.
    Storing data where it is accessible through a wordpress front end would be said by most security experts to make it unsafe.

Storing data on personal PC ( for backups ) and passing to other without telling so to the Executive might be .
    There is interesting post at one other page regarding this but I cant say where as mods are just waiting for chance to ban me .

Storing data on personal PC ( for backups ) and passing to other without telling so to the Executive might be .
    There is interesting post at one other page regarding this but I cant say where as mods are just waiting for chance to ban me .
    No, they're not.
    And by the way, what you are describing is explicitly not a breach of the Data Protection Act so long as the PC you're talking about is within the EU and the data is not released from that PC in a way that breaks the Act (and you would have to prove that the release had happened, in a courtroom).

Sparks you are obsessed with courtroom .
    What should be proven will be proven . Remember dont be personal as you have history of hate towards Executive and some of their members .
    Well documented here

• Advertisement

ECU President visit was organized by me only not the Executive sorry .
    No Data was not safe as you will see from report .
    Your notes are not correct at all . Budget will be available in time . No the budget was not published when JOC was Chairman .

If you are taking all the credit (and saying you did it), then it's not an achievement of the executive then is it?

Were you doing it as the development officer of the ICU? Then it was the ICU executive that did this - not you. You can be happy knowing you had a part to play (as the development officer) and you can say the amount of work you put in, but it is not you who invited them over - it is you as the development officer which is the ICU executive.

I'm sure someone thanked you for it (if that's what you are looking for), but you must choose, is it the executive or you personally? You don't get both.

You're talking about accusing a professional of breaking a law that relates to his profession. That is why the courts get dragged in. It's not an obsession; it's how life works. You make public accusations about someone that affects their ability to earn a living and you should expect that that's serious enough to wind up in a court.
    you have history of hate towards Executive and some of their members .
    Well documented here

I have a history of being physically assaulted by one of the current executive. That's not the same thing as a "history of hate".

Sparks

I didnt so that so why do you hate me so much. Who is the person I wrote bad about and where ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

chess_coach no mods want to ban anyone. We want this forum to be a useful resource for all.
    We know you are a great coach but we don't need reminding of it every 5 minutes! :p

From the outside it looks like you are hoping to be banned. I don't take part in these conversations as I like to be as impartial as possible.

I hope you continue to contribute to the forum in a civil and constructive way.

Thanks

I don't. That's the difference between those two things Darko.

Answer my question Sparks please ?

Oh, the irony!

You edited your post to add the question so this is the first time I've seen it. The person you've accused of breaking the data protection act on the FB group was Mark Orr.

Mod note - Chess_Coach banned for one week for continually dragging threads off topic and arguing about moderation. Both in contravention of the boards.ie rules (not just the rules of this forum)

We want to facilitate discussion here, not allow people post whatever they want whenever they want in order to avoid pointed questions.

• Advertisement

What should be proven will be proven . Remember dont be personal as you have history of hate towards Executive and some of their members .
    Well documented here

I think you are confusing someone as a person and someone as an officer of the ICU. When you are on the ICU executive, the membership have a right to ask the officer questions, be critical of the decisions made and discuss decisions and actions by the ICU executive.

Asking these questions and discussing these topics do not constitute hatred towards a person. I can think person X as position Y is poor and need to be removed from office. That does not mean I think person X is "insert an insult/negative attribute here" or that I hate them.
    Sparks wrote: »
    That's not the same thing as a "history of hate".

When he says history of hate, I'm guessing he means the last few weeks where chess players have been asking for answers to basic questions which the executive have ignored.

Advertisement