Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deloitte 2016/17

Options
  • 08-09-2015 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Graduate applications seem to be open!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Planning to apply early, although I'm not sure if there's any advantage to be gained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Well if you get in ahead of the crowd you have a better chance of making an impression that sticks. Plus it shows you are organised and interested in working for them as you were waiting for the application to open.
    Make sure you take your time filling it in, and a tip is to write your answers out in word and save them, then copy and paste into your application.
    You may need to refer to them in interview and they come in handy for similar questions on your other applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I don't think when you apply matters,in fact I'd nearly say if I had to choose a time it would be near the end because you are at the top of the pile and they see you first

Gael23 wrote: »
    I don't think when you apply matters,in fact I'd nearly say if I had to choose a time it would be near the end because you are at the top of the pile and they see you first

No I have to disagree. Not only does it look like you waited until the end to do your Deloitte application, making it seem like you did all others first, but also think of the people viewing them, they've seen 1000's of applications already, you'd imagine they'd be getting fed up.
    I would definitely not wait until the end.

I didn't get a 2:1 in my undergrad but I got accepted onto a Masters. Do you think they'll look at an application from me given the masters is a higher qualification?

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »
    I didn't get a 2:1 in my undergrad but I got accepted onto a Masters. Do you think they'll look at an application from me given the masters is a higher qualification?

I know they require a 2:1 but you'd imagine a masters would make up for it. No harm to give the graduate dept an email and ask.
    I've heard they'd over look requirements like that in special cases.
    Although I have also heard of one lad been refused from a place because he got 395 in his leaving, 5 points under the required 400!

s15r330 wrote: »
    I know they require a 2:1 but you'd imagine a masters would make up for it. No harm to give the graduate dept an email and ask.
    I've heard they'd over look requirements like that in special cases.
    Although I have also heard of one lad been refused from a place because he got 395 in his leaving, 5 points under the required 400!

395 is what I got too. Depends what special cases mean I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

From my experience from working in the Big 4 a few years ago, my understanding is that everything you answer on the application form is scored.

Like if you have a 2.2 degree you'll get 60 points, a 2.1 = 80 points and 1st 100 etc.

Same with L.C. scores and masters results etc. If you get enough points and your answers are decent enough you'll most likely get called for interview. When you apply doesn't really matter as they're most likely to not get checked until the applications close, so take enough time and answer well.

Pro-tip as well - if you're applying to all the big 4 make sure you keep an offline copy of all your answers (as you may not be able to access them again after you submit). I made a mistake by saying that i did want to pursue a masters for one of the Big 4 and forgot which one I said it for. I was asked this in the interview and it kinda caught me. My advice is to keep track of what you say for each Big 4 you apply for and go over it in advance of the interviews...

It's a bit away yet but worth remembering.

Good luck everyone.

Advertisement