Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of Advice

Options
  • 08-09-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm a mature student. For the last two years I have completed a level 6 course at a PLC and I was on VTOS for the two years.

I got a place on a Level 8 course in Tallaght IT and I applied for the SUSI grant back in June. I'm getting a bit worried as I've not heard back from SUSI. The online tracker has said 'Documentation has been received. Application queued for Final Assessment.' since July. I'm supposed to start my course tomorrow in Tallaght (induction day) and I'm supposed to pay them €3000. I don't have this at all. Will they let me start my course?

Also, can you get a SUSI grant and Back to Education at the same time? I've been given conflicting information about this. I'm currently on Jobseekers Allowance and haven't signed off sign the course hasn't officially started yet. But I don't want to apply for Back to Education in case I don't get my grant as I won't be able to afford the course otherwise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 nasher 1982

Aoibhinn_C wrote: »
    I'm a mature student. For the last two years I have completed a level 6 course at a PLC and I was on VTOS for the two years.

I got a place on a Level 8 course in Tallaght IT and I applied for the SUSI grant back in June. I'm getting a bit worried as I've not heard back from SUSI. The online tracker has said 'Documentation has been received. Application queued for Final Assessment.' since July. I'm supposed to start my course tomorrow in Tallaght (induction day) and I'm supposed to pay them €3000. I don't have this at all. Will they let me start my course?

Also, can you get a SUSI grant and Back to Education at the same time? I've been given conflicting information about this. I'm currently on Jobseekers Allowance and haven't signed off sign the course hasn't officially started yet. But I don't want to apply for Back to Education in case I don't get my grant as I won't be able to afford the course otherwise.

You can't get susi and btea :( u can get susi and jobseekers transitional payment. But u can't get normal jobseekers and susi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Aoibhinn_C wrote: »

Yes, if you are in receipt of BTEA, you can get awarded the fee grant from SUSI and student contribution if eligible. If you do not qualify for BTEA you can also get the maintenance part of the grant from SUSI if eligible.

Advertisement