Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy s4 battery

Options
  • 08-09-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Anyone know where I can get a legitimate s4 battery. Carphone and meteor don't sell replacements as its an old model. I tried order online but royal mail binned the battery twice under regulations. I'm looking for a brick and mortar shop in dublin. Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I faced the same issue as you. I had a friend bring them over via boat for me from the UK. I found that O2 UK would sell genuine batteries, I am not sure if you could do a parcel motel for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

eBay. There's a few Irish sellers selling genuine ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I got several no problem on amazon.

On a related subject, my S4 is new and I upgraded to lollipop immediately on taking it out of the box, I'm finding battery life absolutely awful (hence the 2 spares).
    I can go through all three batteries in a day without a huge amount of usage, I'm talking about a decrease of 1% per 2 mins browsing, not playing videos or music, just browsing. I know I can probably eke it out a bit by decreasing brightness etc, but I want to see the damned thing.

From looking online, this seems to be an issue with other S4 users, I'm almost certainly going to try and revert back to 4.4.2 or something like that, what I would be interested in hearing is whether users who had the phone with pre-lollipop versions had similar issues and whether others who've upgraded to lollipop are having the same problem?

At this stage, I've tried factory resets and cache clearing and other quick fixes suggested online, but nothing has helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

2 years later - same problem. I need a battery. Bought 2 of ebay, both from the same seller, batteries looked genuine. One battery was dead on arrival (0% charge and impossible to charge), the other swollen within a week of regular use. Local Samsung (!!!) shop doesn't sell batteries. Silly question: where I can buy a genuine battery for galaxy S4?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Q&A

PrzemoF wrote: »
    2 years later - same problem. I need a battery. Bought 2 of ebay, both from the same seller, batteries looked genuine. One battery was dead on arrival (0% charge and impossible to charge), the other swollen within a week of regular use. Local Samsung (!!!) shop doesn't sell batteries. Silly question: where I can buy a genuine battery for galaxy S4?

I cant speak for the S4 but I bought 2 for the S4 mini last month from mobilefun and cant fault them so far. Pricey compared to ebay alternatives but I to have been stung with dodgy batteries in the past. For me the acid test was NFC and working fine on both. Worked out cheaper buying from UK site and getting it delivered to parcel motel.

I found them through XDA you could try having a look on the forums over there and you'll probably find more options.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I bought one about six months ago from TechnoG (https://technog.ie) in Maynooth.
    I'm fairly sure it is an OEM and it's still working perfectly.

Advertisement