Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 40" 4K TV €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Can make out the manufacturer - BAUHN from the energy rating picture but the model number text is too small - anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

This will only be useful if the HDMI ports are 2.0 and has the HVEC codec rendering. As it has no smart TV features (that I can see) it will require an UHD set top box to get any of the 4K stuff out of it.

Personally, I think you would be better off buying a decent 1080P screen at that price which would no doubt have better picture quality anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

From http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/4k-40-ultra-hd-tv-freeview-hd-3-yr-warranty-instore-aldi-299-from-sunday-13th-sept-2278045?page=2#comments
    You're all missing the point, it doesn't matter if the picture is rubbish, it's worth £299 for the pub brag rights - 'I've got a 4k TV'....
    :p

Still no tech specs there just speculation

unless Saorview.ie have stopped updating their lists it should be here , though maybe under a different brand ?
    http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/saorview-approved-product-listings/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Don't worry, it'll pick up Saorview channels.

Nice to see a 4K TV for a realistic price. Will hold off til next year after Sky announce their 4K set-top box and there's more 4k content available and the price drops even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Not really 4k though only UHD, so no bragging rights on this one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement