Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omega Watch

Options
  • 08-09-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Recently started a new job and looking to treat myself by purchasing a new watch. Have always been a big Omega fan and I think they make lovely watches. I've had my eye on something like a Seamaster for a while and ideally want to spend about 2,000e. Could anyone advise me about where best to purchase a watch online and any precautions I should take? Is Ebay a route I should look at? I'm also open to any other suggestions on models.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Food for thought:
    http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/Watches/All?fl_sex_ss=Mens&sort=publisheddate_dts%20desc&&fq_price=795-1695

If you don't know what you're doing then Ebay is probably not recommended.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If you don't know what you're doing then Ebay is probably not recommended.
    That there is golden advice.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Definatley ..be careful

I have attached a link from the Omega Forum where they have listed trusted and favorite Omega Sellers on Ebay.

If you are going to buy one, make sure its from one of these

https://omegaforums.net/threads/%CE%A9f-unanimously-favorite-ebay-sellers-list.3612/

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Definatley ..be careful

I have attached a link from the Omega Forum where they have listed trusted and favorite Omega Sellers on Ebay.

If you are going to buy one, make sure its from one of these

https://omegaforums.net/threads/%CE%A9f-unanimously-favorite-ebay-sellers-list.3612/

DT

Thanks for the link DT, should come in very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

If you're buying second hand (and you will be with a budget of €2000) try to get one that's been serviced recently if possible. You could also look at the quartz Seamaster, they're not as expensive as the automatics and your running costs should be limited to a few quid for a new battery every five years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Recently started a new job and looking to treat myself by purchasing a new watch. Have always been a big Omega fan and I think they make lovely watches. I've had my eye on something like a Seamaster for a while and ideally want to spend about 2,000e. Could anyone advise me about where best to purchase a watch online and any precautions I should take? Is Ebay a route I should look at? I'm also open to any other suggestions on models.

Thanks!

I would buy a Sinn 358 Jubilaum...;)

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement