Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best afternoon tea in city?

Options
  • 07-09-2015 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Where's the best afternoon tea in Galway & why? G hotel, meyrick, Ardilaun, House Hotel, Twelve etc. Spring to mind but would like to hear opinions.
    Thanks,
    Pa

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've been to the Meyrick and loved it, Ardilaun is beautiful for the grounds. There's a place called corrib tea rooms (I think, I'll check) down the back of the court house that I loved, must call in again. Then glenlo has recently upped it's game and is worth a look also..

For a different vibe the secret garden back the west is a place I like for speciality teas..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

For a different vibe the secret garden back the west is a place I like for speciality teas..

Absolutely in love with this place recently.

Cupan Tae down at the Spanish Arch also seems to be a lovely atmosphere for a quaint afternoon tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Thanks but we want the whole experience, the luxury of the hotel and all that...

I'm more interested in knowing where does the best french toast now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I second that motion. Kelly's used to be the best, I wonder if Seven do brunch?

Harbour Hotel have a living social deal that you may find interesting, OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I had a lovely afternoon tea at the Radisson a while back, which was part of a spa package. Worth a look to see if they still do a similar deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

I second that motion. Kelly's used to be the best, I wonder if Seven do brunch?

Harbour Hotel have a living social deal that you may find interesting, OP.

Harbour Hotel Afternoon Tea is very poor, recently availed of that voucher, not worth €5 each.

Ham and cheese sandwiches on white batch bread should not be called afternoon tea

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Gourmet tart on a Sunday IMHO. Brioche French toast with vanilla cream cheese and lemon poppyseed drizzle.... Drool

• Registered Users Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The Kitchen was unreal but dont seem to have it anymore. McCambridges is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Glenlo or Cupán Tae get my vote. Meyrick, Radisson, The G and Corrib Tea rooms lovely too. Glenlo was the best by a mile.

• Advertisement
Advertisement