Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet for word processing/spreadsheets

Options
  • 07-09-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

My current laptop is coming to its end of life so I need to get something new.

My home setup consists of a nice 24" LG LED screen and wireless keyboard/mouse which the laptop are hooked up to. I was wondering if I could replace the laptop with a tablet that could be used in that configuration?

Do such tablets exist? I would also require the tablet to allow me to do some basic word processing/spreadsheet(Excel type) work.

Would android OS allow this or would I have to go with a Windows based OS (Win RT perhaps).

Maybe I'm asking a little too much from a tablet? The thing is I don't yet own a tablet and would enjoy the flexibility they offer. It would be great if buying one would tick both boxes. I have ~€500 to spend.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Advertisement