Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetables are up

• 07-09-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Just in case any of ye didn't hear already, the timetables are now online at http://timetable.gmit.ie/
    I'm not overjoyed with my one tbh but it's not the worst yet either

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Like i posted in the other thread, they will change quite a bit in the first few weeks and there are more likely than not some mistakes on it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Absolutely NO idea what any of it means! But no surprise there as I didn't expect to understand it anyway!

It's 2015 people!!

There should be a way to pick your Subjects beforehand and ya should be able to input yer Student Number and Hey Presto yer Timetable magically appears!! Actually that would be a cool little Mobile Phone App! Heard it here first! Royalties to moi! And if they orchestrated it via Student Number wouldn't that lessen the possibility of Lecturers being double-booked too.

There's like 3/4 abbreviations and another 3/4 number-sequences..... Suddenly I'm getting a feeling of déjà-vu..... :rolleyes: :( Will understand it eventually I suppose. :/

Absolutely NO idea what any of it means! But no surprise there as I didn't expect to understand it anyway!

It's 2015 people!!

There should be a way to pick your Subjects beforehand and ya should be able to input yer Student Number and Hey Presto yer Timetable magically appears!! Actually that would be a cool little Mobile Phone App! Heard it here first! Royalties to moi! And if they orchestrated it via Student Number wouldn't that lessen the possibility of Lecturers being double-booked too.

There's like 3/4 abbreviations and another 3/4 number-sequences..... Suddenly I'm getting a feeling of déjà-vu..... :rolleyes: :( Will understand it eventually I suppose. :/

Just relax a little and youll be grand. The abbreviations are the module name and the room number is beside it. You couldnt do it by student number for a lot of reasons, dropouts, morons changing their minds, not enough uptake for certain modules etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Just relax a little and youll be grand. The abbreviations are the module name and the room number is beside it. You couldnt do it by student number for a lot of reasons, dropouts, morons changing their minds, not enough uptake for certain modules etc etc

Nothing wrong with someone changing there minds.
    How do you go about selecting your electives,who should we consult?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RobertSullivan

Unrelated but does anyone know how I can find out my student email and password to login to the student portal. I was never told how.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

For ancheim https://ssb.ancheim.ie/gmit/app/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin the USER ID is your Student Number G........ There's some other thing I've stumbled onto called student.gmit.ie I don't know what that is...... In previous years I know that to get your Student email address set up ya had to go to the I.T. Room at the Library and they give out Stickers with individual Passwords and ya could go onto Computer then and change to preferred Password. They might have a new way of setting up Student email addie now though.

Can I just ask ya what are ya logging in for?!? (Not being nosey it might help me establish what the difference is in the 2 things. :) )

Unrelated but does anyone know how I can find out my student email and password to login to the student portal. I was never told how.

Your student email is your g00 number@gmit.ie and your password given in the IT centre and then changed by you.

The moodle and student.gmit.ie are marginally different, they have different options within them.

Nothing wrong with someone changing there minds.
    How do you go about selecting your electives,who should we consult?
    Four years of people doing it and not knowing why may have made me a little cynical.

As posted previously a list will go around and you will be given a date by which they must be chosen. The class tutor should be the contact.

Advertisement