Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effective alternative to Corsodyl/chlorhexidine

Options
  • 07-09-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Does anybody know an alternative to chlorhexidine for gum disease? It does major staining to my teeth that outweighs any positives. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

JJEP wrote: »
    Does anybody know an alternative to chlorhexidine for gum disease? It does major staining to my teeth that outweighs any positives. Cheers

I'm not trying to be smart but a brush & floss +/- tepe brushes as needed.....

The active ingredient in corsodyl is the same component that makes it stain so its efficacy and staining go hand in hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JJEP

I'm not trying to be smart but a brush & floss +/- tepe brushes as needed.....

The active ingredient in corsodyl is the same component that makes it stain so its efficacy and staining go hand in hand....

I will do. I am doing that but I have one very sore and tender area that bleeds very easily. I can feel it all day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I have a similar problem Op. I use corsodyl toothpaste and a sonicare Toothbrush and a sonicare water flosser. I've experienced less problems as a result.

It does take a few weeks get used to them and you might experience more bleeding to start with but it does settle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JJEP

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I have a similar problem Op. I use corsodyl toothpaste and a sonicare Toothbrush and a sonicare water flosser. I've experienced less problems as a result.

It does take a few weeks get used to them and you might experience more bleeding to start with but it does settle down.
    Cheers I have periodontitis and I just don't want it to get any worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

JJEP wrote: »
    Cheers I have periodontitis and I just don't want it to get any worse

You periodontist is the one with the specific information about you and should be consulted regarding this, that why you pay them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SuziXX

Hi JJEP,
    you could try corsodyl gel or perio kin gel, apply it to your tepe brushes instead of using a mouthwash. Best to see you dentist/hygienist very regularly to monitor the gum disease

Advertisement