Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOP, SEARCH, SIEZE - Irish Customs TV

Options
  • 07-09-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭

Was looking forward to watching this - some intersting bits.

But very disappointed to see Customs referring to fixed blade hunting knives as "daggers", a folding knife with spring assist as a "flick-knife" and a catapault as an "offensive weapon".
    You can buy all of these in any hunting shop in Ireland.

They confiscated them from the people they caught with that in their carry on luggage.

So - for my fellow deer hunters - how many "daggers" do you carry when you hunt deer!! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Heavy handed

I carry the one which is my eka swing blade with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

What were these utter fukwitts doing taking this stuff in carry on luggage in the first place??You are that daft you deserve to have it taken off you and for customs to kick you up and down the hall.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

They should have got a bollicking for the throwing stars.

But their bag were hold luggage, not carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

It was painful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Pkiernan wrote: »
    They should have got a bollicking for the throwing stars.

But their bag were hold luggage, not carry on.

Geeeshh! Does this sound like "made up TV" or what??Cant belive anyone in this day and age would bother bringing those toys back when a much better ,sharper and even better steel,not to mind cheaper alternative is freely available in every DIY store in the wood working section?
    Now I must go and sharpen my "dagger" for possible use on a deer
    tomrrow AM.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement