Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

get my guitar out of the house

Options
  • 07-09-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I've been singing/playing guitar at home for years and would like to get together occasionally with other people who are into music, and just play/sing. It's not to go playing gigs in venues. It's for the buzz of playing with other musicians. Don't mind age or style or what instrument, just able to make music. I'm in co. Limerick. Saw the open mic in Limerick, but I don't know if they would let a group of strangers (me and anybody else) just play away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 passionsongs

Hi. I was happy to see your post. I'm in Tipp and regularly meet with a guitarist, some trad players, a bass player and some others just to jam and have fun. BUT the golden rule for us is PASSION. We sing with passion, play with passion and sometimes it becomes so passionate we express it in other ways too. We are all in the 22 to 49 age range, male and female. Does it sound like what you need? An open mind and a heart of love for music and the powerful emotions it unleashes are the only entry requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 guitarathome

Sounds great. I'm not looking for music and sex. I usually do them separately. I'd like to come to your next session, but if that disqualifies me, not to worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Gaz79

where in County limerick are you?

Gaz79 wrote: »
    where in County limerick are you?

Near Kilmallock

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chainsaw

Hi
    I Live near Kilmallock and play a bit of bass and rhythm guitar. Cant sing for sh1t. Id be interested in playing a few tunes

• Advertisement

chainsaw wrote: »
    Hi
    I Live near Kilmallock and play a bit of bass and rhythm guitar. Cant sing for sh1t. Id be interested in playing a few tunes

That's great. I don't have a venue. Do you? Or do you know where we could play? Just let me know time and place and let's make music 🎶

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chainsaw

pm sent

Hi again! It seems that this trying to play/sing music with other people just for the pleasure of it is not that easy. If you have been playing in the past, at home, spending money and time to learn whatever instrument and think perhaps you and others could get together for an occasional music session in co. Limerick, I'd be interested. Whatever kind of music, pop, rock, trad, latino, religious, classical,... Music is always great! It shouldn't be about doing homework, studying yet another piece. it's more about just going out there and picking up on a song, and singing, playing along, improvising, having fun!

I saw this thread. It might be of interest. I am pretty sure it is guaranteed sex-free! What's wrong with a beautiful passionate mix of sex and song anyway????
    Sorry it won't let me post a link. Title of thread is "any female musicians" by a limerick drummer wanting to start an all-girl band. Tim

In fact you said it all yourself last post : "just for the pleasure of it"!!! Amen!!!

• Advertisement

Then again, if you are as sexy as you sound watch out coz some of those female rockers might try it on with you too! It all goes nowadays. Tim

Thank you for your replies and for your interest. There is nothing wrong. It is beautiful! My thread is about finding a group of people who love making music and joining them occasionally, because I do want to get my guitar out of my house, for a change ��! I looked at the thread you told me, but it 3 years old! I am sure that person might have moved on. If you want to pm me details of your music sessions, I'd be happy to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

this is weird

No. Wrong one. Just 4 months old.

Oh, ok. Thank you! I'll look it up.

Thank you. Just found it. They are looking for ideas of songs. It sounds nice.

Well, I'm still looking to meet casually, around co. Limerick, and make music. As Bono would say "I still haven't found what I am looking for". Just to recap, looking for musicians, 18 to 88, any instrument, any style, male or female, and anywhere where we can put together a few songs and make them our own, unique, with each musicians own personal touch. I don't have a venue. Is it wishful thinking? I'd like to hear from you, wherever you are! I'm sure there is incredible talent out there!��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Pm'd you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kev932

Hi. Just saw your post. I'm in Galway. I love to play guitar and wonder if we could make a date sometime?

Kev932 wrote: »
    Hi. Just saw your post. I'm in Galway. I love to play guitar and wonder if we could make a date sometime?

Hi! It's funny, I had totally forgotten about this thread

• Advertisement

Kev932 wrote: »

Yes

Yes

That is so positive! Thank you. I will pm you.

Yes

I think I lost the last message I sent. I will be totally honest with you: I am in a bad place and was sloshing around desperately online trying to find a real connection with someone. My guitar brought me here to your ad. Your words shone out to me somehow. Can I ask are you a woman, or maybe there are too many options these days! I am Kevin, a man.

Our group is finishing this Summer. Everyone going in different directions. So now I am looking for one-to-one playing sessions. You would be welcome in my room to play any evening, 10 on.

Our group is finishing this Summer. Everyone going in different directions. So now I am looking for one-to-one playing sessions. You would be welcome in my room to play any evening, 10 on.

Hi,
    I am not sure what I can play anymore. I'm not a lead singer or lead guitarist. I like harmonizing, singing against someone else, playing accompaniment with little picking with my guitar. I don't even know what kind of music to play. I listen to my CDs in the car, I like listening to music that takes me completely, and I sing along to it, in the car, in my kitchen, walking. What kind of music do you like? What do you play? Do you sing?

Hi! I play acoustic guitar, electric guitar, Irish flute. I like to play trad and rock, everything from reels and jigs to the Beatles and Led Zeppelin. The important thing is that the music takes you to a place where you can be free to play, fully, openly, totally with all your senses...��

Favourite act: Rodrigo and Gabriella , when they play it is like they are making love with strong rhythms and melodies of high pleasure. Of course, after their gigs they do, straight away....

Favourite act: Rodrigo and Gabriella , when they play it is like they are making love with strong rhythms and melodies of high pleasure. Of course, after their gigs they do, straight away....

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

As soon as you guys have a gig let me know.

• Advertisement

Hi, I'm not looking to do gigs, just occasional music, minus the money business, so I guess most of you can skip this thread. I will continue going to gigs, enjoying your music around Ireland, and I hope they pay you all you musicians well and value your talent. I do.

Advertisement