Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VAT number showing as invalid

• 06-09-2015 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

My accountant registered my Ltd company and everything went through in the last week of last month. This included VAT registration to begin on the 1st of this month. I got my VAT number, but I tried to order software from the UK, where my VAT id was requested. It showed as invalid. I checked on the eu commission website and my VAT number is indeed showing as invalid, with, or without the IE. Would there be a delay with revenue? I have emailed my accountant, but was hoping I may get a quicker response here.

edit: accountant just emailed me back. That was quick. He said revenue can take a while to confirm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭capefear

did you get notification from the revenue that your number was issued?

If you did try your vat number again with capital letters in the vat validator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

capefear wrote: »
    did you get notification from the revenue that your number was issued?

If you did try your vat number again with capital letters in the vat validator

accountant sent me a screen shot where it had my vat number pending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭capefear

It's not issued so and you can't buy items in the uk with out paying uk vat.

Ring the revenue and see can they give you a timeframe of when the number might be released and what extra information they might need of you before it's released.

Advertisement