Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you store/present your printed photos

Options
  • 06-09-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

In the past I've used bobsbooks.co.uk to print photobooks which I've been happy with.
    My printer has packed in so I bought a new one (Epson photo XP-860)
    This printer can print A4 photos, so its my plan to start printing my own photos and see how I get on.
    How to present all of my A4 printed photos is proving harder than I thought. The vast majority of photo albums you can buy are in portrait, wheras the vast majority of pictures I take are in landscape. So I could just rotate the photo album while looking through it.......not ideal for me, and that's no use for panoramics (Two A4 landscape side by side)
    The only landscape A4 photo album I could find was on amazon and it had a miserly 35pages (I'd be looking for 75-100 pages)
    Which got me thinking, maybe I could print with a border and get the photos binded, or maybe there does exist a large A4 landscape photo album!
    What do you guys do?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I gave up printing myself quite a while ago. Prefer to take my files to someone who has a better printer than I can afford to run and pay them. Having said that I do not just take them anywhere, I go where they know what they are doing and have an interest in quality. This may not be the cheapest place but is the best value.

For my needs prints are normally mounted in a bevel cut matte to a standard size for entry into competition or for display. Sometimesthey are framed for sale if required. Once again I know people who do this well.

Most of the Album market will be geared toward the wedding industry. They can cost a fortune.

A cheap way to put A4 prints on display is to use a ring binder with plastic sleeves. You can add as many as required but the spine will still be on the long edge.

There are plenty of photobook printers that you can use if you want to go that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Ring binders work well, plastic sleeves hold two A4 back to back, I have one for Portrait and one for Landscape, easily accessible and keeps them clean and flat. If it is just a way of storing them then it is ideal.

Advertisement