Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young man (22) in critical condition after serious assault outside fast food outlet

Options
  • 06-09-2015 11:01am

A man is in a critical condition after a serious assault in Galway city in the early hours of this morning.

Gardai are investigating the incident which took place on Shop Street in the city centre at approximately 3.30am.

The incident occurred when a number of youths became involved in an altercation outside a fast food outlet, according to gardai.

Source: Independent.ie

Really hope he pulls through - 3:30AM on a Saturday on Shop Street - guaranteed there's some witnesses, so hopefully someone comes forward.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hope he makes a full recovery and they find the perp.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Someone else was stabbed in a separate incident in Woodquay, although their injuries aren't thought to be life threatening.

A number of robberies at knife point too, so if you are out in the City be careful.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Lukker- wrote: »
    Someone else was stabbed in a separate incident in Woodquay, although their injuries aren't thought to be life threatening.

A number of robberies at knife point too, so if you are out in the City be careful.

I thought they picked up some one for the knife robberies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I hope so. Last I read they were still looking for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

They did, the Tribune or Advertiser FB had it today along with the whole story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

any update on the condition of this young man ? or if the people who did this were apprehended ?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Going to make a full recovery by all accounts, thankfully

http://connachttribune.ie/city-centre-attack-victim-on-the-road-to-recovery-220/

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

He came home couple days ago and will fully recover!

Advertisement