Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Question

Options
  • 06-09-2015 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I have a house mate who wants to go to college. She is 19, living independently, left school in last year without doing the leaving cert and is currently attending an ETB sponsored course that pays her rent supplement as well as €35 for everyday she attends class.

This course runs until Jan 2016, however she now has an opportunity to do a Sport & Business course in her local IoT beginning this month. My query is, would she be entitled to Back to Education seeing as she is currently in the system, or would she have to go the route of SUSI, which is probably too late at this stage I'm assuming as the deadline for applications was last month.

I realise that the criteria for qualifying for Back to Education can be stringent and depend on the candidate been a certain age or been on benefits for a certain amount of time prior to commencement of course, however is there any cases of exceptions been made on this front? Any advice greatly appreciated on this?

Advertisement