Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play on Chessbase "as Gaeilge"

Options
  • 05-09-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just a little aside from current conversations to let you know that you can now play chess on CHESSBASE in Irish. Onwards and upwards. Scaip an scéal! Réabhlóid fichille ag tarlú!
    Check out play.chessbase.com and select language GAEILGE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭EnPassant

GRMA, a bhanríon.

seo nasc díreach: http://play.chessbase.com/js/apps/playchess/?lang=ga

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just a polite reminder of site rules folks, posts must be in English unless it's in a specific language forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JohnDelaney

That's great. It doesnt seem possible via the Playchess app though. At least I see no way of signaling the language preference.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Steve wrote: »
    Just a polite reminder of site rules folks, posts must be in English unless it's in a specific language forum :)
    Is that an actual rule?

Even on a thread about an Irish-language app?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

cdeb wrote: »
    Is that an actual rule?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_guidelines#faq_bie_faq_guidelines_english

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Banrion Fichille

Thanks JohnDelaney. Will check it out and see what the story is. GRMA! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭sinbad68

cdeb wrote: »
    Is that an actual rule?

cdeb, do you not remember this?!! I told you about the rule.
    sinbad68 wrote: »
    I was going to respond to this with a beautiful french phrase, BUT the rules of boards.ie states that I must speak English, so can't post it !.

On playing home page, you select the language you want the page translated to.You don't need any language to play chess.
    Wonder if Steve took initiative himself or responding to someone reporting it?

cdeb, do you not remember this?!! I told you about the rule.

Wonder if Steve took initiative himself or responding to someone reporting it?

Yeah, leave the modding to to the mods please. If you have a need to discuss this then feel free to pm me, otherwise bad things will happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭sinbad68

Steve wrote: »
    Yeah, leave the modding to to the mods please. If you have a need to discuss this then feel free to pm me, otherwise bad things will happen :)

My fault !, I am such a nice guy, just can't stop helping people with good information.Any way this is better than the vitriol on some threads.

My fault !, I am such a nice guy, just can't stop helping people with good information.Any way this is better than the vitriol on some threads.

Glad to hear that.... now, on with the topic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Just a little aside from current conversations to let you know that you can now play chess on CHESSBASE in Irish. Onwards and upwards. Scaip an scéal! Réabhlóid fichille ag tarlú!
    Check out play.chessbase.com and select language GAEILGE.
    That's a nice feature. Do we give you all the credit, or was someone else involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Banrion Fichille

Bryan got the first point of inquiry; passed onto the banríon, naturally! Did the work and sent to Irish language gov. body for final corrections (of which there were very few, naturally!).
    Basically, The BANRÍON is KING! ;-)

Advertisement