Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mites in my campervan

Options
  • 05-09-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

i noticed some tiny mites on the floor and in the lockers, any ideas on dealing with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Diatomaceous eath will kill them and its totally safe, you can get it in small but expensive quantities as smite mite in pet stores. It's also used for poultry so might be worth ringing your co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

cheers for that, i tried an ant spray insecticide yesterday, if it doesn't work ill give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

karmaan wrote: »
    cheers for that, i tried an ant spray insecticide yesterday, if it doesn't work ill give it a go.

If you think it is ants make sure you spray it everywhere. They will be all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

karmaan wrote: »

The usual ant spay is 50-60% water and 10-30% petroleum distillates - think parrafin I'd be careful spraying it all over the place it could stain or damage interiors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Normally with ants you spray it in the places that you see them walking and they bring the poison back to the nest on their feet and kill the rest of the colony. There will be corpses everywhere!

• Advertisement
Advertisement