Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptop shipped from China

Options
  • 04-09-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I ordered this from Dell http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-5558-laptop/pd?ref=PD_Family it states on the page that it ships in 2-4 days so far so good but I couldn't figure out why the delivery date seemed so far away (Ordered on 2nd Sep delivery due 16th) till tracking showed it's shipping from China.

Should I be worried or will this be a better build than a polish one?

It's for a college student no games just browsing and streaming and I suppose a small bit of college work.

Are all Dell's now manufactured in China and has it impacted on reliability? I went with Dell as my own laptop is still going strong after 8+ years (fingers crossed).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭catfax

I wouldn't worry too much and pretty much all modern electronics are made in China, Dell aren't even the biggest PC supplier anymore Lenovo are and they are Chinese. The components supplied to Dell in Poland would come from China anyway.

As to whether it will last 8 years a lot depends on how well the laptop is looked after really.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What happened to Poland (taking over from Limerick)? Surprised to find a relatives order has a two week lead time and was dispatched from China a few days ago. Rather disappointing when in the past I've taken delivery within 3wkng days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Laptops seem to be dispatched from China the past couple of years, you will get a desktop quicker as they come from Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Disappointing, but the XPS13 will be worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

How does the buyer get around Irish customs duty if the Dell laptop is shipped from China?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

lensman wrote: »
    How does the buyer get around Irish customs duty if the Dell laptop is shipped from China?

Bought from an Irish registered company I suppose

Advertisement