Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert study-where to begin?

Options
  • 04-09-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi I'm just making a study plan for the leaving cert and have a few questions if anyone can answer.

How often should a review a topic so that I will eventually know it really well and I will retain the info. Is every 6-8 weeks enough or should I be doing it more frequently? For example, if I study Human Resource Management tonight and schedule it in to revise that chapter again in 8 weeks time and 8 weeks after that etc, etc,

How do I get the right balance between homework and study and also fit in the time to exercise? Don't get home from school until 5:30 because of a long bus journey, so my time is quite limited.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You can study on the bus if you record yourself reading summaries of topics.

Don't leave it too long after you have covered a topic in class to revise it. Too long and it's not revision, it's re-learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Clodz6

hi thanks for that, v useful idea.

I usually learn all the material when we get it. My question is after learning it and doing a few exam questions on it after initially studying it in school, when should I look over it again in terms of revision?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Clodz6 wrote: »
    hi thanks for that, v useful idea.

I usually learn all the material when we get it. My question is after learning it and doing a few exam questions on it after initially studying it in school, when should I look over it again in terms of revision?

Maybe after a month, take half a day and quickly look through your notes. If it's all still ringing bells for you, practice a few short questions. No need to keep re-studying stuff you know. Concentrate on the things you don't remember quite so well.

Once you have a bank of stuff you 'know', you can very quickly recheck that and go on to material you need to spend more time on.

Advertisement