Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan insurance with an under 25 named driver

Options
  • 04-09-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all
    I would really appreciate your help in finding insurance for a campervan. We haven't bought one yet but just want to check out insurance before we do.

We are a fairly mature couple but want to insure our son who has a full licence and no penalty points. The problem is he is 19 and only has his licence almost a year.

Insurance seems to be limited to over 25s or Stuart's require 5 years minimum with full licence.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Fizzy1 ðŸ˜

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Will you be with him when he's driving or will he be taking it out on his own. Ring stuarts or dolmen they my oet you add him if it's just to share the driving on long trips but he hasn't much experience to be driving a big van. You might get somewhere if you call them but looks at it this way if I had an old cheap low top camper that was cheap it tax and insurance I'd stick the young lad on it to save a fortune every body would be doing it and claims would be through the roof

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fizzy1

Will you be with him when he's driving or will he be taking it out on his own. Ring stuarts or dolmen they my oet you add him if it's just to share the driving on long trips but he hasn't much experience to be driving a big van. You might get somewhere if you call them but looks at it this way if I had an old cheap low top camper that was cheap it tax and insurance I'd stick the young lad on it to save a fortune every body would be doing it and claims would be through the roof
    Hi spacehopper
    I get your point about the cheap tax and insurance. I hadn't even realized that until today when I started looking! We really are green at this!
    I did try dolmen and stuarts. Dolmen don't take under 25s and Stuart's need 5 years with full licence.
    There would be times when we wouldn't be with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Alkers

Try Richardsons insurance, they are a broker for allianz. You may have joy with them, I've found them a pleasure to deal with in place of Dolmen or Stuarts.

http://www.richardsoninsurance.ie/schemes/campers/

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Try Richardsons insurance, they are a broker for allianz. You may have joy with them, I've found them a pleasure to deal with in place of Dolmen or Stuarts.

http://www.richardsoninsurance.ie/schemes/campers/

How much are Richardsons for a standard camper policy? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Richardsons have deals for members of Motor Caravan Club of Ireland

My Dad is a member

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Alkers

I'm not with the MCCI and they have given me a policy. It seems to not be a standard camper policy in that they carry on your NCB from a car and the quote varies depending on the driver.

Advertisement