Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is he treating me like this?

Options
  • 04-09-2015 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

So I work with this guy who is a few years younger than me. When I first moved into the company he started asking me out etc. And I politely turned him down and said I was happy being single. Anyway cut to a few months later he kept sending me cryptic messages saying he had a crush and he kept flirting with me, I gently told him again that I like him as a friend and that I am seeing someone else (early days but I really like this other guy, A lot). Now he is being really cold towards me and quite nasty! The other night at work was the most awkward experience I have ever had, he completely ignored me, didn't even bother to help me on the till and after our shift had finished he took to Twitter to in direct tweet about me. Today I am ill and again the tweets carry on about me.

I feel absolutely guilty about this situation and he has even talked about moving departments which I keep thinking why he was here first, maybe it should be me leaving, I have been toying with the idea of leaving retail for good and getting a proper career type job but the plan was to look after Christmas.

Just wanted some thoughts on this situation and should I be feeling guilty. I have always been an honest and upfront person and never would I string someone along.

Sorry for my rambling on just very upset and down about this whole thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

You have nothing to feel guilty about, you've done nothing wrong. It actually sounds like you've been very polite and let him down gently. If he can't handle rejection then that's his problem.

As he is not acting professionally then you should speak to your manager about the situation - particularly with regards to the tweets which could be a form of bullying. You're also probably better off getting onto your manager sooner rather than later as he sounds like the kind of person who could end up making up nasty facts or rumors about you and spreading them around...

Again, it's not your fault and if he wants to move departments then let him, if you're happy in your job apart from dealing with him then stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think you should report him to HR, he's harassing you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Lux23 wrote: »
    I think you should report him to HR, he's harassing you.

Agreed, keep a note of the time and dates of when he behaves like this and bring it to your manager or HR if you have HR

Advertisement