Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Ireland to do an OGUK Medical

Options
  • 04-09-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Need to do my OGUK medical again and looking for places in the Wicklow or Dubliin are that will do it...

Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Never mind. got sorted in Medmark on Baggot street for €170 :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I hear the doc in Arklow does a very reasonable rate. Worth the trip down it's that good I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

it all adds up when you start requiring vaccinations, X-rays, hiv tests for certain parts of the world and now there is talk of everyone needing a Ship Security Course done by 2016.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I hear the doc in Arklow does a very reasonable rate. Worth the trip down it's that good I'm told.

Hi, what doctor in arklow does the OGUK mate.... Do you happen to know his name as it would definetly be easier for me?

jamesdiver wrote: »
    it all adds up when you start requiring vaccinations, X-rays, hiv tests for certain parts of the world and now there is talk of everyone needing a Ship Security Course done by 2016.
    It sure is expensive, there is no doubt about it, but a ship security course?...
    I believe you are now required to get shoulders measured for chopper travel now....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Don't know his name (there can't be many on the list surely?), all I know is it cost less for a mate to travel by train from Dublin to Arklow and back than going to the place in the city centre.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Don't know his name (there can't be many on the list surely?), all I know is it cost less for a mate to travel by train from Dublin to Arklow and back than going to the place in the city centre.

Thanks for the input but after contacting all the GP's in the area, none of them provide the OGUK medical...

Two of them do the Seaman's Medical (ENG1) but unfortunately do not qualify for the Oil and Gas Sector Offshore...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭youtheman

www.eha.ie here in Cork do all our offshore medicals (Oil & Gas UK standard)

Advertisement